• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If they can't ban 'em, they'll try to tax 'em

Government wants to tax guns and ammo to pay for anti-gun campaigns and programs.

The Los Angeles Times notes: Bills in states, Congress seek to raise firearm taxes - latimes.com

In Congress, a group of Democrats, led by Rep. Linda T. Sanchez of Lakewood, is pushing for an additional 10% tax on handgun purchases that could generate tens of millions of dollars nationwide to fund gun buybacks, firearms safety campaigns and anti-violence programs.

Legislation that would impose taxes on guns or bullets has also been introduced in Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey and Washington state. In Sacramento, a bill by Democratic Assemblyman Roger Dickinson would impose a nickel tax on every bullet sold in California to pay for screening and treating young children for mental illness.

The proposals are designed after similar taxes placed by federal, state and local governments on cigarettes to fund anti-smoking campaigns and healthcare programs.

Certainly helps explain why Americans are loading up on guns and ammo while they can, and can better afford them before these potential new taxes kick in.

Sick! So take our hard earn money and funded into programs etc. While we are not solving anything but beating law abiding citizens down! All you criminals are laughing at us. Damn our go time has to keep going guys!

What's worse is that the money they collect on these kinds of tax schemes never goes to the intended programs, because the greedy gov pigs always grab it for something else.

Thay have to be laughing from thinking they can use ower guns purchases agents our cause, let them laugh like idiots, it only makes our case stronger,

because the more stupid and outragouse the things they propose that get turned down, the less credible they become, and when credibility is down and they turn up no results there funds will dry up as well

Can the big earthquake come and take coastal CA into the pacific? Why does it seem every POS idea comes from CA?

Thay have to be laughing from thinking they can use ower guns purchases agents our cause, let them laugh like idiots, it only makes our case stronger,

because the more stupid and outragouse the things they propose that get turned down, the less credible they become, and when credibility is down and they turn up no results there funds will dry up as well

Wrong. These ****ing monkeys in DC will just keep funding them. And they will just increase taxes somewhere else under the lie of "highway tolls, cuz we need better roads" and just use that money for illegal uses.

Wrong. These ****ing monkeys in DC will just keep funding them. And they will just increase taxes somewhere else under the lie of "highway tolls, cuz we need better roads" and just use that money for illegal uses.

I tend to think the more ludicrous the crap they try and pass the less and less likely people will believe in them, and some who are not full fledge antis may start to see the stupidity and turn and vote them out when even they cant look past the stupidity of these guys.

I tend to think the more ludicrous the crap they try and pass the less and less likely people will believe in them, and some who are not full fledge antis may start to see the stupidity and turn and vote them out when even they cant look past the stupidity of these guys.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. I give you exhibit A. Obama re elected. Nuff said.

Interesting. Has this ruling ever been extended beyond religion?

Grosjean v. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233 (1936), was a decision of the United States Supreme Court over a challenge to a separate sales tax on newspapers with circulation of over 20,000.
The Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, found the tax to be an unconstitutional violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, the ruling has been ignored by some states creating immense controversy.

And education, don't forget Devalue Patricks call for more Education spending on the back of your Income tax. Oh and his Crony corporate bunch that support it.

Me I'll just quit full time work and scrape by on PT work or under the table, not one more thin dime to these Hacks.

Grosjean v. American Press Co., 297 U.S. 233 (1936), was a decision of the United States Supreme Court over a challenge to a separate sales tax on newspapers with circulation of over 20,000.
The Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, found the tax to be an unconstitutional violation of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, the ruling has been ignored by some states creating immense controversy.

So is it possible that ANY tax on firearms or ammunition is unconstitutional? If so I want my money back from all the Massachusetts transactions!

Interesting. Has this ruling ever been extended beyond religion?
Page [319 U.S. 105, 113] reads... The privilege in question exists apart from state authority. It is guaranteed the people by the federal constitution. viz., The state cannot and does not have the power to license, nor tax, a Right guaranteed to the people.

Since it states that "a right guaranteed to the people" and not "this right guaranteed to the people" or something along that line would lead me to believe that it is all rights and not just freedom or religion. You bring up a good point.

Page [319 U.S. 105, 113] reads... The privilege in question exists apart from state authority. It is guaranteed the people by the federal constitution. viz., The state cannot and does not have the power to license, nor tax, a Right guaranteed to the people.

Since it states that "a right guaranteed to the people" and not "this right guaranteed to the people" or something along that line would lead me to believe that it is all rights and not just freedom or religion. You bring up a good point.

I was thinking the same thing. Actually more like praying for it.

Back
Top Bottom