• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Idiot

Sounds like you need a 300 wsm

I had a 308, but sold it a while ago.

I was just going through my ammo and found 500 rds of it. I thought I could either sell it or buy another rifle in 308.

I chose to just buy a rifle in 308.
500 your right
but 300 win and 300 wsm ehhh not enough appreciable difference for 1 box

It’s all good, my buddy got his first AR over the summer and I took him to the range to shoot it for the first time, S&W M&P Sport brand new. I oil the BCG up for him load a mag and let him do his thing, doesn’t eject so I clear it blah blah blah and it keeps happening so I rip it apart and check it over and still same problem. We leave the range pissed off and go to a local store and I have a buddy look at it, same thing he looks it over and finally after about 5 minutes he asks what ammo are we using. I open up the ammo can, grab a box and it was 5.56 but subsonic rounds lol. Yes I felt like a complete idiot

Alot quieter if suppressed, lower recoil on non buffered guns. Thats what I've heard. Maybe less penetrating for home defense?
What good is that if it can't cycle the action? Are we talking bolt action 5.56, Lever action?
That's why the guy I know with an Anschutz uses subsonic .22LR.
Well, I don't have an Anschutz, but I bought a cheap single shot bolt action .22LR to shoot subsonic ammo for the rabbits in my garden. I've heard they won't cycle in my 10/22, although I've never actually tried.
Maybe it lets operating operators have the same pleasure?
Those must be the guys with the Winchester 94's chambered in 5.56 NATO. [rofl]

by the principles of nes logic, we should be boycotting you now.
Me?:eek:

I once bought a box of .40. No way in HELL am I losing my man card so I can shoot it.

Just hide that stuff in a dark corner of the basement and let your kids find it after you're pushing daisy's and they can wonder.

✋. Once you try .40 you will find you have more energy. Greater focus and ability to concentrate. Firmer, more longer lasting erections too.
.40, your wife, nanny, and mistress will love it as well.

I get the Idea, but SHOCKNAWE said it wouldn't cycle through his buddy's AR.
Subsonic has to be under the speed of sound other wise the bullet cracks when it breaks the sound barrier and defeats the point of suppressing it. So the bullets are heavier and don't usually use as much powder. That means the gas pressure is different from most factory loads. Which causes the bolt not to cycle. Thats why you'll see adjustable gas systems on higher end rifles. And thats why there are different length gas systems for optimized types of rounds.

Suppressing your ar
^^^This. The sonic crack of a normal 5.56 is pretty loud, so it does make a suppressed 5.56 AR much quieter. Of course, you end up with ballistics similar to a 22 lr, just with a slightly better bullet. This is one of the reasons for the .300 ACC Blackout. It gives halfway decent performance from an AR platform at subsonic velocities

Back
Top Bottom