• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Idiot on the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I do have to say I have been pretty lucky for the amount of transactions I have done on the Classifieds not to deal with many idiots,
but I just ran into one.I posted on the want to buy, that I was looking for Glock 19 Gen one, or two. So I get a reply from Verdant Zone
with pictures of a Gen 2, I ask him how much and he replied for me to make him an offer.I don't like making offers because some people
get pissed if you give them a low offer.I replied that I am not good at making offers,and what price will he be willing to let it go for.This
was on a Saturday night Sunday morning I get another offer to sell me one but I was waiting for Verdant Zone reply. Noon time comes,
and I get a reply from Verdant Zone thanks I am not motivated to sell. I reply it's ok I just found one, well he replies Sad commentary of this forum - time wasters.
At the same time he leaves me a negative feedback. This is not really a rant,it's just that the older I get the more I have a hard time dealing
with idiots. Up date, looks like the negative feedback was removed.

Last edited:
I do have to say I have been pretty lucky for the amount of transactions I have done on the Classifieds not to deal with many idiots,
but I just ran into one.I posted on the want to buy, that I was looking for Glock 19 Gen one, or two. So I get a reply from Verdant Zone
with pictures of a Gen 2, I ask him how much and he replied for me to make him an offer.I don't like making offers because some people
get pissed if you give them a low offer.I replied that I am not good at making offers,and what price will he be willing to let it go for.This
was on a Saturday night Sunday morning I get another offer to sell me one but I was waiting for Verdant Zone reply. Noon time comes,
and I get a reply from Verdant Zone thanks I am not motivated to sell. I reply it's ok I just found one, well he replies Sad commentary of this forum - time wasters.
At the same time he leaves me a negative feedback. This is not really a rant,it's just that the older I get the more I have a hard time dealing
with idiots.
So he wasn't motivated to sell but got butthurt that you had another offer? WTF

How is that wasting time? Sounds like next to no time or effort was involved and this wasn’t even a case of someone backing out of an agreement.

can you challenge neg feedback , I would at least counter it.
WTF from now on just offer what you would pay pending inspection.

I went through this with some tools. Guys asking price was high , I asked how he came about that price. He says well make me a offer. I mention just about everything is out of warranty and offered him a fair value as if it was anything more I might as well buy new and get the warranty. He scoffs at my offer. Week later he calls asking if Im interested, as im opening the new tools

It ain’t rocket surgery.

Seller should ask the price they want.

Buyers should pay that price, offer what they want to pay, or move along.

Seller can accept the offer, counter, or say no thanks.

Nobody needs or should try to explain the reasoning behind their price or offer. Mostly because it’s irrelevant and nobody cares.

Silly.

Seller should ask the price they want.

Buyers should pay that price, offer what they want to pay, or move along.

Seller can accept the offer, counter, or say no thanks.
Yup, I've been on both sides--been offered less than asking, have offered less than asking. Never had anybody get in a pissing match, though. Ain't that hard to be polite.

Take nothing personally. When someone acts like an idiot, the only one that's suffering is them. Also, have that neg feedback removed since there was no commitment to buy in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom