• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Idiot

Thats why you'll see adjustable gas systems on higher end rifles. And thats why there are different length gas systems for optimized types of rounds.
Ok, I get it now, thank you. I have an AR, but I know very little about them. I was wondering if they were adjustable. I see that higher end ones are.

Ok, I get it now, thank you. I have an AR, but I know very little about them. I was wondering if they were adjustable. I see that higher end ones are.
That’s why your on NES. Ask and you will get an answer, you just got to sift through the pile of mixed making fun of you responses first but you will find the answer lol

^^^This. The sonic crack of a normal 5.56 is pretty loud, so it does make a suppressed 5.56 AR much quieter. Of course, you end up with ballistics similar to a 22 lr, just with a slightly better bullet. This is one of the reasons for the .300 ACC Blackout. It gives halfway decent performance from an AR platform at subsonic velocities
I'm learning a lot today, thank you

No worries remember there's no stupid questions... just stupid people.

Kidding once you go full tactical and have 8 ars 50+ mags have built 6 or so have had 20+ ars like i have you should know this stuff or you just have too much disposable income

When the panic buying started I saw 5.56 blanks flying off the shelfs at Target Sports USA. No doubt in my mind buyers miss the "blanks" part...

:)
That's why they sent out this message on 10/19/2020:

KNOW YOUR CALIBERS:

We have lots of new shooters buying ammo & we are so happy to welcome you to the shooting sports community! One thing to keep in mind is similar named calibers are not interchangeable. Please make sure to look at the barrel on your firearm for the correct caliber & order accordingly!

9mm Luger is not 9mm Makarov
357 Sig is not 357 Mag
45 ACP is not 45 GAP
38 Super is not 38 Special
223 Rem. is not 222 Rem.
6.5 Grendel is not 6.5 Creedmoor
Blanks are not actual live ammo

We understand that when you see ammo come into stock you want to purchase as quickly as possible as ammo is selling out in moments. Please make sure you confirm that caliber you are purchasing will work in your firearm,as all sales are final.

"With so many kinds of firearms and types of ammunition, it’s not always easy to match the proper ammunition to your handgun correctly—but getting it right is critical. If you match the wrong ammunition to your gun, you can cause an explosion, injury or worse!
To match the proper ammunition to your handgun correctly:
  • Read the specific caliber designation on the side of the barrel or slide. Match that designation exactly. For example, if it says “.45 GAP,” you cannot use “.45 ACP.”
  • Carefully read the information on the lid of the ammunition box. Always check whether it’s a magnum load to ensure it matches the data on the barrel or slide.
  • Finally, match the information on the barrel to the information on the cartridge before you shoot. If in doubt, ask a more experienced shooter or a qualified gunsmith."

Picked up a box of 300 wsm when I meant to buy 300 win mag.... f***ing tard.

I'm just mad at myself and wanted the public shame.

Also psa check and recheck
now you have to buy something that shoots 300 wsm

Right after Newtown when 22 got stupid (yeah, 10-11¢ a round) I met a guy and bought 2000 rounds including. a POS derringer. Some of the ammo was powderless. My semi-autos wouldn't cycle it.

Now I have three 22 revolvers and 3 bolt action 22 rifles.

What good is that if it can't cycle the action? Are we talking bolt action 5.56, Lever action?

Well, I don't have an Anschutz, but I bought a cheap single shot bolt action .22LR to shoot subsonic ammo for the rabbits in my garden. I've heard they won't cycle in my 10/22, although I've never actually tried.

Those must be the guys with the Winchester 94's chambered in 5.56 NATO. [rofl]

Me?:eek:
Mini 14 will run subsonic 5.56

Right after Newtown when 22 got stupid (yeah, 10-11¢ a round) I met a guy and bought 2000 rounds including. a POS derringer. Some of the ammo was powderless. My semi-autos wouldn't cycle it.

Now I have three 22 revolvers and 3 bolt action 22 rifles.
I have 2 300 win mag though and 300 wsm is like 35 % more expensive for the same performance in a short action rifle. Not worth it

Picked up a box of 300 wsm when I meant to buy 300 win mag.... f***ing tard.

I'm just mad at myself and wanted the public shame.

Also psa check and recheck
no no no your not a tard, its your deep spiritual instincts trying to come out and lead you to a 300WM

You're not alone man, I did that earlier this year with .22 Short thinking I was buying .22LR [slap]
but you can at least still use 22 shorts in your 22lr platform....might not feed and run a semi but you can shoot it single shot. 300 WM is useless with WSM.... you might be able to shoot 300 wm in a 375 H&H ? the case wont look good if you do, like 308 in a 30-06

That's why they sent out this message on 10/19/2020:

KNOW YOUR CALIBERS:

We have lots of new shooters buying ammo & we are so happy to welcome you to the shooting sports community! One thing to keep in mind is similar named calibers are not interchangeable. Please make sure to look at the barrel on your firearm for the correct caliber & order accordingly!

9mm Luger is not 9mm Makarov
357 Sig is not 357 Mag
45 ACP is not 45 GAP
38 Super is not 38 Special
223 Rem. is not 222 Rem.
6.5 Grendel is not 6.5 Creedmoor
Blanks are not actual live ammo

We understand that when you see ammo come into stock you want to purchase as quickly as possible as ammo is selling out in moments. Please make sure you confirm that caliber you are purchasing will work in your firearm,as all sales are final.

"With so many kinds of firearms and types of ammunition, it’s not always easy to match the proper ammunition to your handgun correctly—but getting it right is critical. If you match the wrong ammunition to your gun, you can cause an explosion, injury or worse!
To match the proper ammunition to your handgun correctly:
  • Read the specific caliber designation on the side of the barrel or slide. Match that designation exactly. For example, if it says “.45 GAP,” you cannot use “.45 ACP.”
  • Carefully read the information on the lid of the ammunition box. Always check whether it’s a magnum load to ensure it matches the data on the barrel or slide.
  • Finally, match the information on the barrel to the information on the cartridge before you shoot. If in doubt, ask a more experienced shooter or a qualified gunsmith."

I had to do a double take this morning when .38 Super showed up on Scorpios today.

Back
Top Bottom