Ideas for Dud Ammo Container at Range?

Why would people steal duds and why not let them if they do? lol Just put them in your pocket and make a little box in your garage or somewhere safe, then when you got a bunch, bring them to the local gun range and they'll know how to dispose of them. they'll probably scrap the brass content. That's what i'll do.

Last edited:
Mac, I'd like to try to get them to stop leaving them in the dirt for the mower to find. At least they use the trash cans properly. I'm there often enough to empty them.
I never thought of the lawnmower for disposal!

At Westford we have gallon plastic milk jugs 1/2 full of oil. Dunno by whom/when/how they get emptied.

By the Outdoor Range Chair.

I wish they were gallon plastic oil jugs.

Why would people steal duds and why not let them if they do? lol

Now what do you suppose is going to happen to your club
when the thieves get caught with those duds at grammar school,
and confess where they came from?

We have a small locked wooden box with a slot on top. But we keep it indoors where nobody will steal it. I take home the contents every once in a while and salvage components.

Any info on how clubs safely and legally dispose of a full dud container? Please spare the traditional, and impractical, answer of "pull all them for components".

See above. The range officer at my club asked me the same thing and I said I'd take them. I waste a lot of time salvaging basically brass I don't really need and the lead.
I also have a shit ton of .22's that didn't go off the first time. I planned on trying to shoot them, but never have.

Last edited:
You mean all you folks don't take dud ammo home to disassemble it? The powder goes on the lawn, the brass gets reloaded, the bullet either gets reloaded or melted for new bullets.

Back
Top Bottom