• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Idaho Camper Shoots Family Dog, Mistaking It For Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to burst your bubble but wolfs do engage in “surplus killings”. Don’t believe what the peta types tell you. View attachment 493710View attachment 493711wolves kill pray and don’t consume it. And it’s not nearly as rare as the lefties say it is, ask any rancher in wolf country. They kill to kill.

Did the wolves line them up nice and neat like that too?

Well this is the west not malden. Can’t really blame the shooter. Idaho is loaded with wolfs, and if your dog looks like a wolf? you might want to keep it in your campsite Under your control.
the shooter's a f***ing retard. Know your target. end of story.

even if it was a wolf, unless it's attacking you there's probably no reason to shoot it. Nothing in the article indicated the dog was behaving aggressively toward the retard camper.

Out here if you go camping in the Sierras it's almost guaranteed that bears are in the campgrounds. No one shoots them, cuz bear. Simply seeing a "wolf" near a camp isn't cause to shoot it.

i was pulled into a wolf hunt twice, after a second one i do not think i would ever shoot at any live wolf ever again. they are like humans, really, not any bit worse.
but only kill when they need to feed.
i see you are NOT a rancher!

Hate to burst your bubble but wolfs do engage in “surplus killings”. Don’t believe what the peta types tell you. View attachment 493710View attachment 493711wolves kill pray and don’t consume it. And it’s not nearly as rare as the lefties say it is, ask any rancher in wolf country. They kill to kill.
pretty uncommon, and has a pretty reasonable explanation.

In the book, Dr. Mech wrote that “it is rare for wolves to kill wild prey in surplus. All cases of surplus killing of wild prey reported for wolves have occurred during a few weeks in late winter or spring when snow was unusually deep. In 30 years of wolf-deer study, Mech observed this phenomenon only twice, and in forty winters of wolf-moose studies, it was seen in only three winters (Peterson and Allen, 1974; R.O. Peterson, unpublished data).”

“Presumably what happens when wolves kill more than they can immediately eat is that they respond normally to a situation that is drastically different than usual – prey are highly vulnerable, rather than being especially hard to catch. Programmed to kill whenever possible because it is rarely possible to kill, wolves automatically take advantage of an unusual opportunity.”

I remember reading about wolves a while back and their hunting success rate is incredibly low. So kind of makes sense they go full retard when there's a buffet in front of them.

pretty uncommon, and has a pretty reasonable explanation.

In the book, Dr. Mech wrote that “it is rare for wolves to kill wild prey in surplus. All cases of surplus killing of wild prey reported for wolves have occurred during a few weeks in late winter or spring when snow was unusually deep. In 30 years of wolf-deer study, Mech observed this phenomenon only twice, and in forty winters of wolf-moose studies, it was seen in only three winters (Peterson and Allen, 1974; R.O. Peterson, unpublished data).”

“Presumably what happens when wolves kill more than they can immediately eat is that they respond normally to a situation that is drastically different than usual – prey are highly vulnerable, rather than being especially hard to catch. Programmed to kill whenever possible because it is rarely possible to kill, wolves automatically take advantage of an unusual opportunity.”

I remember reading about wolves a while back and their hunting success rate is incredibly low. So kind of makes sense they go full retard when there's a buffet in front of them.
This makes sense, because every time a predator kills, the predator risks serious injury. Serious injury in nature = death.

This makes sense, because every time a predator kills, the predator risks serious injury. Serious injury in nature = death.
yeah and it's definitely true that animals in nature waste food sometimes. The orcas are sniping great whites and almost surgically taking the sharks' livers and leaving the rest. But "wasted" animal carcasses just become carrion for scavengers....Apparently there's this whole circle of life thing going on that doesn't need redneck intervention.

don't try saying that to any actual ranchers.
why are ranchers sacred?

also funny to be upset over 19 elk being killed by wolves as justification to think wolves are a scourge while apparently being unaware that humans hunted the eastern elk to extinction.

and the rancher problems.....well that's the cost of doing business. I'd rather not push an apex predator to extinction because you failed to mitigate a known risk. Humans are smart. There are ways to have ranchers and wolves coexist.

i am just saying you guys are talking like eastern fuds.
talk like that in ranching country, and you might experience an unfortunate accident

pretty much every wolf they see gets a lead sandwich, unless the feds are there watching

talk like that in ranching country, and you might experience an unfortunate accident

pretty much every wolf they see gets a lead sandwich, unless the feds are there watching
100% clueless asshats talking about shit they have no idea about. East coast elitist nonsense. This is why everyone out west hates people from the coasts.

I'd have 0 sympathy if s fed saw it and threw them in jail. I'd say that to a rancher's face too. don't care if that makes me sound like an eastern anything.

I get your point though. They cost ranchers money. The feds protected the wolves and haven't done shit to help the ranchers with the cost. Certainly understandable why ranchers see them as pests. As with most problems there is a solution somewhere between doing nothing and going full retard and exterminating a species.

why are ranchers sacred?

also funny to be upset over 19 elk being killed by wolves as justification to think wolves are a scourge while apparently being unaware that humans hunted the eastern elk to extinction.

and the rancher problems.....well that's the cost of doing business. I'd rather not push an apex predator to extinction because you failed to mitigate a known risk. Humans are smart. There are ways to have ranchers and wolves coexist.
cuz you such a big western boy [rofl]
Your so clueless it’s stunning. Have you ever even been to wolf country or a cattle ranch retard?

don't try saying that to any actual ranchers.
Whatever. I’ve learned my lesson. I was trained well enough to kill humans, but those wolf pups there were just too much. Especially considering it was all about the live stock that was supposed to go to a slaughter house anyway. Humans suck.

Your so clueless it’s stunning. Have you ever even been to wolf country or a cattle ranch retard?
lol...gotta resort to name calling. You mad, cupcake?

wolves were hunted to the brink of extinction. Conservation programs brought them back. I guess it would be better if they were hunted to full extinction like the eastern elk. I mean f*** it who needs wolves?

Deer management rules are dumb too. there should be no bag limit on deer. they're a pest because they eat your mom's petunias and apples from local orchards. so let them go extinct and we'll hunt them all away. Who cares if anyone else in New England wants to ever hunt deer in the future. Any and every environmental protection law is bad and only commies and thunbergs support them. We should be able to just kill off entire species, pump toxic waste into groundwater and fill the oceans with plastic. Those whiny bitches in Woburn who were upset about getting cancer are so clueless it's stunning. A company needed make money, so what if they get a little cancer?

People who think entirely in terms of black and white, like you, are retards.

lol...gotta resort to name calling. You mad, cupcake?

wolves were hunted to the brink of extinction. Conservation programs brought them back. I guess it would be better if they were hunted to full extinction like the eastern elk. I mean f*** it who needs wolves?

Deer management rules are dumb too. there should be no bag limit on deer. they're a pest because they eat your mom's petunias and apples from local orchards. so let them go extinct and we'll hunt them all away. Who cares if anyone else in New England wants to ever hunt deer in the future. Any and every environmental protection law is bad and only commies and thunbergs support them. We should be able to just kill off entire species, pump toxic waste into groundwater and fill the oceans with plastic. Those whiny bitches in Woburn who were upset about getting cancer are so clueless it's stunning. A company needed make money, so what if they get a little cancer?

People who think entirely in terms of black and white, like you, are retards.
So like I thought blah blah blah you‘ve never been and have ZERO experience with which you speak Of with such authority. Typical east coast peta loving soy boy asshat I know better type. Maybe you should move out west and explain to them how to live there lives Better. God I know why they hate us so much.

So like I thought blah blah blah you‘ve never been and have ZERO experience with which you speak Of with such authority. Typical east coast peta loving soy boy asshat I know better type. Maybe you should move out west and explain to them how to live there lives Better. God I know why they hate us so much.
I could give a f*** if they hate me. LOL. Why would I care? Go fellate a rancher if what they think of you matters to you so much...grab a few beej points.

I'm a peta loving soy boy because I don't think humans killing animals to extinction is awesome. Do you actually hear yourself? You're a certified f***ing idiot.

And you missed the "maybe" at the beginning of the sentence too.
obviously not what you meant though....the "maybe" was implying the reason he was running, i.e. "to say hi". your use of maybe wasn't to say "perhaps the dog was running".... bc then you likely would have said "maybe the shooter shot him bc the dog was running at him".

He's just pretending to be clueless. We used to work together on a ranch. I have proof-

brokeback2.jpg

I could give a f*** if they hate me. LOL. Why would I care? Go fellate a rancher if what they think of you matters to you so much...grab a few beej points.

I'm a peta loving soy boy because I don't think humans killing animals to extinction is awesome. Do you actually hear yourself? You're a certified f***ing idiot.
first clueless no one is hunting wolfs to Extinction out west. There are so many wolves out there now dummy you can buy wolf tags over the counter for fifty dollars apiece. East coast guy says wolves are the “cost of doing business” derp a do derp. What an arrogant idiot you are. You are the reason people in flyover states hate us. Idiots spouting off on shit they are absolutely clueless about.

obviously not what you meant though....the "maybe" was implying the reason he was running, i.e. "to say hi". your use of maybe wasn't to say "perhaps the dog was running".... bc then you likely would have said "maybe the shooter shot him bc the dog was running at him".
No. I meant what I said. What I meant by "maybe" was that maybe the dog ran up to say hi, as I said. And that could be scary to someone who thinks its a wolf, if thats what happened.

Didnt realize you were a f***ing mind reader. Or is it english professor? Go on. Tell me what I am thinking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom