I was actually giddy about my target here...

I do shoot air rifles extensively and it's great practice for trigger control and follow through..

Attention new shooters: THAT is why Yanici can shoot such a tight group. Not because he has a laser sight on his revolver. If your trigger control sucks, you will suck even if you put a 20X scope on your gun.

Well done sir. Advanced shooting techniques are nothing but basic techniques flawlessly executed.

Was that target shot double or single action?

Wait, I apparently didn't read closely enough when I skimmed through the OP yesterday. You shot that group with a 642?!?! Nice shooting!

I love my CT grips on my 642 - absolutely love them. I generally hit my first round dead center and then get all squirrely and they spread out a bit. I have never shot anything like that, (I shoot too quickly) but maybe I'll give it a try. Nice shootin! [cheers]

Attention new shooters: THAT is why Yanici can shoot such a tight group. Not because he has a laser sight on his revolver. If your trigger control sucks, you will suck even if you put a 20X scope on your gun.

Well done sir. Advanced shooting techniques are nothing but basic techniques flawlessly executed.

Was that target shot double or single action?

Thank you for comments. The S&W 642 is a "double action only", 1 7/8" barrel, 38 special, airweight, 5 shot revolver.

As mentioned by Jose and others, that trigger control is key. You can make the 642 shoot as if it's a single action gun by getting the "feel" for the let off point by squeezing and then holding right at the break point. Then the shot and follow through.

Of course, I'll probably ever do that good of a group again.[sad2]

The S&W 642 is a "double action only", 1 7/8" barrel, 38 special, airweight, 5 shot revolver.

You're right, of course. An S&W man like me should have known.....[wink]

Now, if I may, don't shoot like that again. You know you can do it. You know the pistol can do it. Now you need to start training the way you are really going to use the gun: in a fight.

Thanks Jose. Your right about practicing other shooting methods and I do. I practice rapidly firing the cylinder load out to 30', too. I've found that the 642 can keep most of the shots inside a 4" bull, even then, or at the very least every shot is on paper, 8 1/2"X11".

John, now find a club or range that will let you do that while moving. First slowly, then build up speed until you can explode off where you are while dumping the cylinder on someone.

Back
Top Bottom