I was actually giddy about my target here...

yanici

NES Member
I'm a 64 year old newbie to handguns. I own exactly one gun. It happens to be an S&W 642 snubbie, 38 special. Bought it for personal protection. Went up to Bob's in Salisbury today, my second time shooting, and shot some rounds. Then I put out a clean target at 21' to shoot for a score. This is slow fire and with Crimson Trace grips (I can't use the open sights with my poor eyesight). The bull is 1" and the max spread of the 5 shot group is 1 1/8" CTC. Ammo was MagTec 158gr. FMC.
fncxae.jpg

nice

I am also a newbie but I cant get a good group with my snubbie. Very nice. Makes me want to get some laser grips.[smile]

Thank you for all the kind comments. I do shoot air rifles extensively and it's great practice for trigger control and follow through.

Hey IB, I was at Bob's around 11:15 AM today. The place does have a nice relaxed atmosphere, like everone else says. I particularly like being able to set the target at any distance that you like, right out to 75'.

Nice shooting!!

(I'll be heading up to bobs tomm, maybe noonish, if anyones thinking about going tomm!!)

Awesome groupings, those snub nose's are alot more accurate than people think if you're patient and wait until you've got the hammer/trigger right at the breaking point.

I can't hit the walls of my house from the inside with my j frame. Looks like I need a laser sight.

Nice shooting.

Seriously, when I showed someone my horrendous target from a S&W model 60, his response was, "that's not a target gun, that's a gun you rob someone with".

Holy crap. That's some awesome shooting there.

I can group all in the black with every handgun I own, semi or wheel gun.

EXCEPT my S&W model 60. I can MAYBE get all 5 shots on paper if I tried.

Very frustrating.

If I shot a target like you did with my 60... I'd kiss the next person I saw at the range... which would probably get me shot. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom