I think I may have to stop carrying for a while

Good luck and work with your doctor.
I've had more coronary and vacular issues than I wish to discuss and have had similar problems.
You are smart to stop carrying for a while and listen to the advise about not driving till you get a handle on this.
Trust me. Things go bad very fast.
Get well and take care.

Big Red, I hope you'll feel better soon! It is probably a good idea to stop carrying for a while, if you don't feel comfortable with a gun. However, I would discuss this issue with a doctor as well. Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you feel better Big Red.

Before I started carrying I had a small bout of anxiety (this happened a few years back). The first episode was litterally "the ton of bricks" that everyone talks about; racing heart, shortness of breath, seeing "stars", etc. I went to the doctor and they said it was stress-induced. After a few months of rebalancing my diet and adding more exercise, I was able to rid it from my system.

I'm not sure if you're suffering from the same thing, but definitely mention it to the doctor. They're the professionals.

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but I would consider carrying something, maybe a non-lethal alternative like OC spray if you chose not to carry a firearm for the time being. The decision on to carry or not to carry is yours personally. FWIW, if the proverbial stuff hits the fan, you can declare to the responding officer that you are licensed to carry and have a firearm on you and they can secure it while you're transported, AFAIK.

.......life is too short to stress about everything all the time. Figure that more than half the people in this world are much worse off than you will ever be in their general quality of life. I have to remind myself once in a while to slow down, take one thing at a time, clear my head and try to keep a positive outlook. While your problem sounds more physical health-related, don't forget that the mind and body work together and you can worry yourself into sickness.

If you feel the absolute need to carry in certain situations, maybe get a holster with a snap retention devise, so that if you actually pass out, the chances that your pistol will fall out of it's holster should you be loaded onto a stretcher will be eliminated.

+1 Awesome advice.

Steer clear of hard liquor in excess also. It used to make me feel crappy for days after drinking it.

Similar less serious concerns

I recently came down with Lyme Disease from my foray's into the Maine woods. It has hit me with bouts of fatigue and breaks in mental awareness and I too stopped carrying while I was going through periods of fatigue. If I cannot carry responsibly then I won't carry. I'll just pass out on the bad guy. (kidding) But concerns of spacing out led me to "do the right thing" for me anyway.

Good for you!

I recently came down with Lyme Disease from my foray's into the Maine woods. It has hit me with bouts of fatigue and breaks in mental awareness and I too stopped carrying while I was going through periods of fatigue. If I cannot carry responsibly then I won't carry. I'll just pass out on the bad guy. (kidding) But concerns of spacing out led me to "do the right thing" for me anyway.

Good for you!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear it- that really stinks. I hope you went the whole doctor route and hit it hard with lots of aggressive antibiotics. Lyme Disease is really rotten. It kind of sounds like you did go to a doc & all, did they get it in time, will there be permanent effects?

Back
Top Bottom