I recently witnessed a little freedom, and a lot of sanity: Kittery Trading Post.

f*** KTP that freedom hating abomination.

They called ATF on me and my buddy for checking the handgun section on a trip to Maine.
Years ago, a friend got a letter from ATF after purchasing a used .30-06 hunting rifle at KTP. They wrote down the wrong serial number and ATF caught it during an audit. He and his wife did not appreciate the certified letter from the feds because of KTP's error. Did not appreciate it at all. He and his wife never went back. They lost a customer forever. Can't say I blame them.

Years ago, a friend got a letter from ATF after purchasing a used .30-06 hunting rifle at KTP. They wrote down the wrong serial number and ATF caught it during an audit. He and his wife did not appreciate the certified letter from the feds because of KTP's error. Did not appreciate it at all. He and his wife never went back. They lost a customer forever. Can't say I blame them.
Sorry, I already sold that one to the guy down the road, has lotsa dogs.

Can you imagine sitting down at a desk reconciling all that f***ing useless information? I've seen one ATF audit in person and I will never understand how much self hate a person must have to actually do that.

Can you imagine sitting down at a desk reconciling all that f***ing useless information? I've seen one ATF audit in person and I will never understand how much self hate a person must have to actually do that.
And how do they even figure that out unless they enter each serial and match the gun in the paperwork to the gun in their database.

F*ck that.

Why would there be a possibility of Fed prosecution for your friend?
He minimized the possibility of that happening by cooperating. He took a photo of the rifle's serial number and caliber, along with the KTP receipts, and mailed them certified to ATF. His paperwork matched. The wrong serial number got recorded in KTP's federal bound book, so the error was 100% on their end. Still, it cost my friend his time and effort to help straighten out a problem that he did not create.

And how do they even figure that out unless they enter each serial and match the gun in the paperwork to the gun in their database.

F*ck that.

Like @Dench says, examiner saw gun being logged out with different SN than it was logged in with. This is one huge advantage of modern BB software…. the program will basically go “stop, motherf***er” if you try to log something out with the wrong SN. With paper though that shit happens all the time.

What do you have for pop ups? What would you call the best?
I’m thinking a 6 person size for elbow room.
Eskimo, non insulated is fine and light weight. Fat fish is the most commonly used.

Don’t forget the drill attachment for installing the ice anchors. So easy it should be illegal!

But his friend, the purchaser, didn't lie to anybody. The seller F'ed up, not him.
Right.
If you bought something from KTP and KTP screwed up the paperwork, ATF might come ask you about it. If you then lie to ATF and tell them you sold it already, or it was lost in a tragic boating accident or whatever, it likely won't go well for you, even though you purchased it totally legally.

Right.
If you bought something from KTP and KTP screwed up the paperwork, ATF might come ask you about it. If you then lie to ATF and tell them you sold it already, or it was lost in a tragic boating accident or whatever, it likely won't go well for you, even though you purchased it totally legally.
I got you now. Yes, that's lying to the Feds. I don't recommend it.

Was at KTP this evening with the family, but the kids started melting down pretty soon into it (long day, KTP was the last stop), so we evacuated. We got some cones of the roasted cinna-coated nuts from the food stand, some trinkets, etc. and will have to return.
Got to look at fishing stuff, canoes, a box of .223, some books, etc. before meltdown commenced. [crying]
those chewy coated nuts, i just love

Just don’t talk to them. They’re not people anyways.
Nobody wants to have to justify themselves to authorities. But all considered, my friend did the right thing. This was late 1980s, way before the shenanigans at Waco and Ruby Ridge. Also, the ATF letter came from the compliance section rather than the enforcement section, so it was still a civil matter. Yes, there was lost time and some aggravation involved, but he did the right thing and supplied them with the information they sought.

This is an old thread, Been busy looking online at real estate down south, need to move before Heally becomes Governor.
I wouldn't start to panic unless wokeists start to take over MA house and senate leadership positions. We've mostly been shielded from worse gun control because it costs real money and commies in MA typically didn't really like wasting money on that sort of thing given that the so called "gun crime" basically only happens in places where they don't live anyways...

Back
Top Bottom