I recently witnessed a little freedom, and a lot of sanity: Kittery Trading Post.

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Stopped by Kittery Trading Post. First the sanity: while we were near the entrance, a fellow walked in with a live unfired boolit and he handed it to the greeter. "I found this in the parking lot by my car and figured you'd know how to dispose of it properly" he said. Greeter took it, threw it in a drawer and said "thanks, I'll take care of it".

Huh? Wha? (to quote Mayor Vaughan's barracuda comment in JAWS). In MA it would have been SWAT, Hazmat, lockdown, wee-wee in place. Little "evidence cones" all over the place to mark where it was found in the parking lot. Newstrucks, etc. etc. A big bleeping deal over what should be nothing.

Why the sanity up there, and the lunacy in MA?

Next, my wife accidentally went up the set of stairs to the "gun section" first. She got to the top, saw the cool looking "gun purses" at the top of the stairs, and then spent 20 mins. browsing the gunnnzz and their accessories. She was eyeing a .380 Sig, so I told her that these were the freedom versions, like the forbidden apple; and that I would take her to look at some in MA. (She's thus far only into .22, the .380 would be new for her). I think she wants a purse and a .380.

Next, the freedom tease: I didn't need any ammo but I just had to experience "freedom" and buy some, just to say that I had done it. So I grabbed some .223. The lady at the counter was super nice, took my payment, slapped a "paid" sticker on the box, and thanked me for my purchase and wished me a good day.

No LTC, no bending over, no nothing.

Again, why the sanity up there, and the lunacy in MA?

I was there two weeks ago with my GF and her two sisters (one from RI and one from MN), we stopped there on our way home from Freeport. I told them to look around at their leisure and that I would be upstairs. Given that it was the end of the day they did not shop much and found me upstairs where I was getting some 38 special ammo (no 22LR left!!!), and said they were ready to go. So I checked out, also with a friendly lady, no cavity search, license check, just pay and leave.

I get back to the girls who were waiting for me, and they said "that was quick, don't they run a background check". Nope not for ammo and certainly not in the free world........

OP- nice story. "Forbidden fruit" had me laughing.

i like KTP too but their ammo is usually no cheaper than MA shops. Although i spend time hunting, hiking, camping in Maine I find NH to be waaaaay better for gun shopping.

if i have outdoors bonder, I go to Maine
if i have gun boner, I go to NH
if I have no boner, I stay in MA

i went to vacation in maine last week and bought a bunch of fireworks for the week. the kid and had a great time. we survived with no trips to the hospitol. but in mass they're to dangerous

True, Jim only wants to f**k over MA residents. He once said he needed to see the LTC so that he could keep ammo out of the hands of gang bangers. Apparently y'all don't have any of those in Manchvegas?

No idea on that one. I stick to the peaceful rural areas of NH as much as possible. Manchester for the mall and nearby gun stores, that is about it. The neighborhoods look a bit creepy. And the cops seem to like checkpoints and other stops without any cause they can articulate.

KTP: [kiss]

south-entrance.jpg

Greeter took it, threw it in a drawer and said "thanks, I'll take care of it".

Huh? Wha? (to quote Mayor Vaughan's barracuda comment in JAWS). In MA it would have been SWAT, Hazmat, lockdown, wee-wee in place. Little "evidence cones" all over the place to mark where it was found in the parking lot. Newstrucks, etc. etc. A big bleeping deal over what should be nothing.

Why the sanity up there, and the lunacy in MA?

if this happened at Bass Pro Shops I highly doubt it would unfold the way you are lead to believe. School or playground, yes absolutely

Was at KTP this evening with the family, but the kids started melting down pretty soon into it (long day, KTP was the last stop), so we evacuated. We got some cones of the roasted cinna-coated nuts from the food stand, some trinkets, etc. and will have to return.
Got to look at fishing stuff, canoes, a box of .223, some books, etc. before meltdown commenced. [crying]

Back
Top Bottom