I know we all hate Mass so where would you like to live?

As soon as I am finished with school I will probably be trying to make my way out of this state. Firearms are an important part of my life so a state that is at least somewhat friendly towards them is important to me. To me range time = what golf is to most people. I haven't had the opportunity to travel the country much so I am looking for suggestions.

Things I am taking into consideration:
-I will be in the medical field so I will be able to get a job almost anywhere.
-I can tolerate heat better than cold but would like to avoid extreme heat and cold.
-If it is cold it needs to be a dry cold. I think I can only handle a few more winters that consist of freezing rain/slush lol.
-I love the outdoors, especially the ocean but could settle for being near decent lakes.
-I love being surrounded by the beauty of nature rather than the concrete of cities however very rural places bore me to death.
-I guess you could say I am educated so hillbilly town USA probably wont work for me.

Where would you guys choose to live if jobs/family etcetera were not keeping you here?

As soon as I am finished with school I will probably be trying to make my way out of this state. Firearms are an important part of my life so a state that is at least somewhat friendly towards them is important to me. To me range time = what golf is to most people. I haven't had the opportunity to travel the country much so I am looking for suggestions.

Things I am taking into consideration:
-I will be in the medical field so I will be able to get a job almost anywhere.
-I can tolerate heat better than cold but would like to avoid extreme heat and cold.
-If it is cold it needs to be a dry cold. I think I can only handle a few more winters that consist of freezing rain/slush lol.
-I love the outdoors, especially the ocean but could settle for being near decent lakes.
-I love being surrounded by the beauty of nature rather than the concrete of cities however very rural places bore me to death.
-I guess you could say I am educated so hillbilly town USA probably wont work for me.

Where would you guys choose to live if jobs/family etcetera were not keeping you here?

You'd probably like the carolinas best. Me? Im heading to florida or maybe somewhere in the southwest.

That all sounds to me like NC -but I like cold more than heat... Well, NC has it's fair share of slush, but no where near as much bitter cold as MA. If you want dry cold, you have to get away from the East Coast - PERIOD.

Depends on how hung up on accents you are - obviously the RTP area of NC has a lot of tech and gray-matter employment so it isn't (far from it) a "hillbilly" town, but you will certainly know you are in a "Southern locale" by the sound it.

I like NH, but employment and kids keep me here for a while. NC would be close on my list. VA would be, were it not for the traffic and !@#$stain that is DC where many of the jobs go.

Good luck on your search - travel and spend time as many places as you can to make your decision. Once you move in somewhere, it gets harder and harder to leave.

Last edited:
If a job wasn't an issue, I'd take either Wyoming, Montana, western South Dakota or western Nebraska.

Southern NH first then TX or AZ i think. I wouldn't be surprised if i move to NH in the next 3 years or so when it comes time for me to buy a house. Luckily for me I figured out what I know before buying a house and really settling down. It gives me a good opportunity to move. Once you have kids, and a house already moving becomes a lot harder.

NH is my closest fit for climate and culture, although when I get there I'll be the outsider in a close knit community. Not really looking forward to that part.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I will be in the medical field so I will be able to get a job almost anywhere.

medical field?

probably close to a city.

But i guess that depends on what you will do, the "medical field" is a rpetty big one. what will you be doing?

So after I win the lottery and I can go anywhere I please to lay down roots? Probably Wyoming.. Followed closely by Texas, Colorado, Maine, Wyoming, Montana, New Hampshire.. Hmmmm.. pretty much anywhere I can hunt and live in the woods.. Of course if I wanted to stay married I would have to stay near a coast so maybe Washington State.. You can live near the ocean and still be close to the mountains..

Because i have to stay in New England i would have to say New Hampshire, i just got back from vacation there (took my daughter to story land), and wow the mountains all the hiking trails, fishing, hunting. I could easily live there no problem. It being one of the top free states helps alot to.

Southern NH first then TX or AZ i think. I wouldn't be surprised if i move to NH in the next 3 years or so when it comes time for me to buy a house. Luckily for me I figured out what I know before buying a house and really settling down. It gives me a good opportunity to move. Once you have kids, and a house already moving becomes a lot harder.

Glad you figured out that MA sucks before buying a house. I came to this realization about 6 months after buying my house. Now I'll probablu get spanked when I try to sell next year, but I want OUT.

Vermont is a beautiful place. Just too darn cold for me. Washington and Oregon have appeal, but lots of gray days which I find depressing. Colorado is spectacular, but too far from the oceans and you have to deal with water problems and wildfires.

Back
Top Bottom