• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i just did a proverbial full circle with glock

greencobra

NES Member
as i put together a glock 17 on a gen 2 frame from parts i had around the house, i think i prefer the gen 2 grip frame the best from the others...the 3, 4 & 5. the only real difference besides the grip textures was the light rail, and the backstraps on the 4. even the 5 doesn't feel the same without the finger grooves. what do you people think? i might have to take all my gen 2's out of retirement.

The only problem I have with the early Glocks is the soap bar sides don't work really well when your hands are sweating. The earlier G20/21/29/30 are all too big, also, until they went SF.

I like the gen5 so much better then previous generations. I never could get used to the finger grooves and the lack of rail and soapbox as drgrant put it always made me wish for more out of gen2 and im not a big fan of stippling etc so the Gen5 has really hit the sweetspot for me and I love mine.

Back
Top Bottom