• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I hope GOAL is ready because the MA state legislature is back in session.

Spoke with my rep, David T Viera of Falmouth and he said that he has and continues to work with GOAL to stop the madness.

So happy to have a Freedom loving, believer in the Constitution representing me.

Insurance... this is something I have really feared. I just got laid off too, no way I can move.

How the hell can it be legal to require insurance to exercise my god damn rights!

I called and emailed my House and Senate Rep. My Senator is the Minority leader and the person in his office seemed clear that the Senator was not going to rush into gun control legislation. Wonder if he attended this Linsky meeting. I wish there was a list of attendees...

People should call their reps, I wish the next time I call the person on the phone says we have heard from a number of people, it has happened before and is effective...

Devile mentioned that little gem on 96.9 the last time he was on. He thought it was great.

Yup, they are going to push it hard. It makes ZERO sense, but is incredibly popular among the libs.

They are also pushing for home inspection by the police to make sure safes are up to code (this would be a condition of the insurance). They check your safe, all your guns, your mags etc.

It's in-f'n real

Looks they are going to push hard for liability insurance. Could cost thousands of dollars a year :(

I don't work in the insurance industry, but I get actuarial tables and stats.

I really doubt the risk that an insurance company incurs by insuring a person in MA with an LTC is very high. In fact, if you compare it to the risk of home owner's insurance or insuring a car, I bet it's very low.

That said, I'm not trying to excuse this idea proposed by these loathsome f**king douchebags. It absolutely galls me.

Insurance... this is something I have really feared. I just got laid off too, no way I can move.

How the hell can it be legal to require insurance to exercise my god damn rights!

The US Supreme Court decided that it's legal for the government to require you to buy health insurance... not that I agree with that either.

Looks they are going to push hard for liability insurance. Could cost thousands of dollars a year :(

This idea of forcing liability insurance for those who have an LTC got me really fired up. I just emailed all my state reps and everyone else who cares should too, I used this form:
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

It was quite easy and I got automated replies from most that were emailed so it clearly worked. I was respectful yet firm that I would _not_ pay liability insurance for the right to bear arms.

Last edited:
I'm hoping MA goes balls to the wall anti-nuts, we're a bunch of chumps for living here and at this point we deserve it. More importantly the free states can see how stupid we are and push back harder.

Oh, I know they are capable of doing it, doesn't mean it doesn't make me mad as hell.

Maybe we should make elected officials take out insurance... you know, in-case they waste tax-payer money, write bad laws, or violate our rights.

This idea of forcing liability insurance for those who have an LTC got me really fired up. I just emailed all my state reps and everyone else who cares should too, I used this form:
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

It was quite easy and I got automated replies from most that were emailed so it clearly worked. I was respectful yet firm that I would _not_ pay liability insurance for the right to bear arms.

Thanks for the link!

January 3, 2013
The Honorable Lincoln Chafee
Governor of Rhode Island
222 State House
Providence, RI 02903-1196
Re: Gun Control in the legislation
Governor Chafee:
I am writing as a concerned citizen to say that I do not support assault weapons bans, or any of the myriad representations of "gun control" that are being put forth across this nation. As a soldier, I have spent years of my life fighting for the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and guns are one of the tools that allow us to continue to enjoy all three of these basic tenets of American freedom.
Any attempt to further regulate a tool that is already prohibitively regulated for everyone except law abiding citizens is a blatant assault on the very document that I pledged to support and defend.
Please think on this, and have someone on staff do some research, if you have not already, on what the definition of "assault rifle" is, and the actual statistics of homicides from legally owned weapons versus illegally obtained weapons. The numbers are eye-opening, to say the least.
Sincerely,

It's baby steps from every angle. They just keep chipping away.

This.

“No one should have any illusions about what was accomplished [by the ban]. Assault weapons play a part in only a small percentage of crime. The provision is mainly symbolic; its virtue will be if it turns out to be, as hoped, a stepping stone to broader gun control.”
– Washington Post editorial, September 15, 1994

Someone just give that f***ing moron aids please.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Sounds like the Cape cops aren't helping.

As state legislators vowed Thursday to make gun control a priority in the wake of the deadly school shootings in Connecticut, Cape police chiefs said changes to existing gun laws are necessary and overdue.
Banning weapons such as the .223-caliber Bushmaster M4 used by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook Elementary School received a lot of support from the Cape's top police brass.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130104/NEWS/301040329

We need to mobilize. I do not have the resources to get a demonstration going, however, If GOAL plans one, or someone on here with some pull, I will do all in my power to get the people I know to hit the streets. We need our voices to be heard.

This guy is a real tool -

Linksy said he doesn’t plan to wait for the findings from the speaker’s panel, and will instead file a bill by Jan. 18, the deadline for lawmakers to file new bills for consideration over the next two years, though late files are permitted at any time.

Linsky, who chaired the House Committee on Post Audit and Oversight last session, said that before any bill gets to the floor of the House for a vote there will be time to incorporate ideas from McDevitt’s commission to his bill.

In addition to updating the list of restricted weapons in Massachusetts, Linsky said mental health screening must be looked at to keep guns out of the hands of those who may not be stable enough to use a weapon safely.

"A database, quite frankly, won’t work," Linsky said, highlighting instead a law in Hawaii that requires gun permit applicants to sign a release for their mental health records.

He also called the National Rifle Association’s call for armed guards to be stationed in all schools "absolute folly."

Patrick said on Thursday he has made his positions clear in legislation filed over the past couple of years to limit gun purchases and close loopholes around gun shows. He said all options should be considered in the new session, including premiums for gun owners on homeowners’ insurance rates.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/t...rs-gun-control-activists-mull-strategy?zc_p=1

It's not ok to bash blacks, hispanics, gays, criminals, illegals, disabled person, or drug addicts but perfectly acceptable to discriminate against lawful gun owners. Can't wait to move.

Back
Top Bottom