I heard 47 shots in 12 seconds… You Decide… or stupid is as stupid does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh by the way, will a 55 grain 5.56 at terminal velocity falling straight down do much damage? Penetrate a skull?
It was an AR. I'm sorry to say that I just thought AK automatically because, you know, because ...

Not sure what killed this woman. Probably a much heavier round than an AR would fire, maybe fired at a more shallow angle.

Apparently this officer claimed he fired in fear of his safety. Uhhh....

i think it's really a stretch that someone firing in the air is an immediate danger to those around them, and that danger rises to the level of justification of lethal force, did the cop have any other reason to think the person was a danger to others?

otoh, I guess you could at least have a chance of arguing that the body cam is lower than the officers eyes, that he looked over the fence and saw the perp make a 'furtive gesture' or some other motion that made him fear for his life. I'm not saying that's what I think happened I just think we're going to see that argument play out.

imo the cop shot someone who was no immediate threat to others but I'm sure the police will investigate the police and announce the police did no wrong

It was an AR. I'm sorry to say that I just thought AK automatically because, you know, because ...

Not sure what killed this woman. Probably a much heavier round than an AR would fire, maybe fired at a more shallow angle.

Apparently this officer claimed he fired in fear of his safety. Uhhh....

If the round can maintain a trajectory, yes it can and will be deadly still. if it's fired up or near straight up where it loses all of it's spin, speed and power and is falling back to earth under gravity only, it's significantly less dangerous.

45º seems to be a really common "shoot into the air" angle, and thats definitely one that will allow the round to remain lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom