• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I heard 47 shots in 12 seconds… You Decide… or stupid is as stupid does

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Authorities have released body camera footage from a deadly shooting involving a Canton police officer that took place early Saturday morning. The footage begins with an officer outside of a home in the 2300 block of 10th Street Southwest shortly after midnight. He can be heard relaying information about his location when gunshots ring out from a fenced-in area nearby."

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate this outstanding individual for the 2022 Darwin Choice award. [mg][mg]🤪🤪

Reminds me of the MSP and the boat. Not exactly sure who or what were shooting at but whatever

if a civilian shot a neighbor for shooting into the air I couldn't imagine that court case going well.

I really have to laugh when I hear people say we live in a civilized society. Over the years I've heard so many people say it. The question is, where the hell did they ever get that idea? It's like the wild west out there.

celebratory gun fire has been a thing for as long as there have been guns. Generally in modern times the poorer you go the more common it is. In the former Yugoslavian states it was a thing when I was there 15 years ago, not sure about now as its getting progressively more cleaned up post war. It is for sure in other poor parts of the world with access to firearms though.

I really have to laugh when I hear people say we live in a civilized society. Over the years I've heard so many people say it. The question is, where the hell did they ever get that idea? It's like the wild west out there.
Society is pretty civilized.....it's just the number of retards that are the problem

Probably not a good idea on the victims part but that was just an execution

(Yes victim because who did HE hurt)

Looks like murder to me. My first thought was that this is why all cops need to be "gun people", so that some jackass shooting a gun in the air isn't an OMFG! end-of-the-world adrenaline dump instead of a "WTF do you think you're doing?!" sort of thing.

I guess the cop is going to argue that the celebratory gunfire was an immediate threat to someone wherever those bullets were coming down. It's happened. It is in the middle of well-populated area. But can he possibly be successful with this argument?

I counted 43 shots when the cop started firing then I believe he fired 10 at the guy.

What if he was shooting blanks in the air?

That’s murder any way you look at it. I hope that cop likes getting his butt hole stretched out like a rubber band!

celebratory gun fire has been a thing for as long as there have been guns. Generally in modern times the poorer you go the more common it is. In the former Yugoslavian states it was a thing when I was there 15 years ago, not sure about now as its getting progressively more cleaned up post war. It is for sure in other poor parts of the world with access to firearms though.
Can’t recall if posted here or Reddit, but there was a video of a haji wedding. Some dude let an AK rip with one hand on full auto and it walked back and smoked the bride

Canton OHIO, for those wondering

Top 5 Things To Do in Canton, Ohio:

1. Milk and Honey. 40s style luncheonette (think Bliss) with outstanding ice cream and candies made on the premises, surrounded by wonderful hand painted decor.

2. Ben Heggys Chocolates. The pink chocolate mints and pretzel brittle are particularly faves.

3. MAPS Air Museum. Reasonable selection of vintage combat aircraft, including a FG-1D my grandmother installed the gunfight and other cockpit equipment on during the war on the assembly line. Have treated their once gorgeous Tomcat horribly, though.

4. Leave.

5. Anything but the National Violent Felon Hall of Fame and Football Museum.

If this is Canton, OH, then there are a lot of questions.

A) No person shall do any of the following:

(1) Without permission from the proper officials and subject to division (B)(1) of this section, discharge a firearm upon or over a cemetery or within one hundred yards of a cemetery;

(2) Subject to division (B)(2) of this section, discharge a firearm on a lawn, park, pleasure ground, orchard, or other ground appurtenant to a schoolhouse, church, or inhabited dwelling, the property of another, or a charitable institution;

(3) Discharge a firearm upon or over a public road or highway.

(B)(1) Division (A)(1) of this section does not apply to a person who, while on the person's own land, discharges a firearm.

(2) Division (A)(2) of this section does not apply to a person who owns any type of property described in that division and who, while on the person's own enclosure, discharges a firearm.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of discharge of a firearm on or near prohibited premises. A violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A violation of division (A)(3) of this section shall be punished as follows:

(1) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(2), (3), or (4) of this section, a violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(3) or (4) of this section, if the violation created a substantial risk of physical harm to any person or caused serious physical harm to property, a violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the third degree.

(3) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(4) of this section, if the violation caused physical harm to any person, a violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the second degree.

(4) If the violation caused serious physical harm to any person, a violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the first degree.

Available Versions of this Section
June 1, 2004 – House Bill 52, 125th General Assembly [ View June 1, 2004 Version ]

Reactions: AHM
Canton OHIO, for those wondering

I thought it was Canton, ROC.

Oh by the way, will a 55 grain 5.56 at terminal velocity falling straight down do much damage? Penetrate a skull?

We covered this last week. No. Tried multiple times. You're no different than dropping a penny from the Empire State Bldg. . .

Unless you are lobbing rounds in. At that point, it's not the angle necessarily but the velocity imparted by the propellant.

(Think of it this way - firing STRAIGHT up, eventually, it runs out of energy and stops in mid-air for a split second. Then just falls. But fire at a 45 degree angle and you've got a lobbed round that has a minimal amount of gravitational energy but possibly STILL a lot of energy from the propellant.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom