I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

Bagel pizza's at Katz' in Chelsea. Been a long time, not sure if it's still there (or if I already posted that in this thread in the last 2 years, too lazy to check lol)
Going old school with Katz!!!! Luv it. The old John’s pizza in Chelsea was awesome! Fresh sliced pepperoni about an 1/8 of an inch thick so the grease puddles up nice when it cooks! Man that was to die for!

My home-made thin crust pizza !

My grandfather (R.I.P.) worked in a foundry back in the day and made a super-heavy (weighing in at 10.5 lbs) rolling pin out of metal. I am now the custodian of this family heirloom and I use it for both hand made ravioli and thin crust pizza.

View attachment 629235

View attachment 629236
Your grandmother must have had some arms lifting that thing up.

"As for places to go, there's a place called Pasquale's in Westfield. They make HUGE party-size pizzas."

Pasquale's is in Southampton, ate there 2 weeks ago and ordered Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried their pizza thou.

There is no bad pizza.

Sbarro. What's that place that has the pizza buffet that advertises on TV? You don't even need to try it to know it's bad pizza. It looks like someone reheated a few Boboli and slapped some toppings on it and nuked it. "All you can eat pizza!" Yeah, that's not pizza. I've eaten far too much bad pizza. Hell, I just had Dighton House last night. Well, dregs from my son. No salt in the dough. Zero. And the sauce was less than appealing. I'd eat something else if offered that pizza.

What's funny is, outside of Sbarro and the other nasty nationwide chains (that don't even have stores in N/E sometimes) your average local pizza place could change 2-3 small things and have SPECTACULAR pizza.

American cheese isn't actually cheese.

That's just unAmerican. Basically, it's not anything it claims to be. LOL

Only good Regina's is the one in the north end.

Ernesto's on salem st is really good. A slice of theres is like 4 slices of doninoes in size and they jave amazing combinations. Buffalo chicken pizza is really good. Broccoli and cheese is awesome. The arancini rice balls filled with stuff are really good.
Modern pastry just up from ernestos has the best lemon cake ever
Then further down salem st prince st is bovas 24 hr bakery fresh bread sandwiches cakes and stuff across from bovas is dinos
They have 3 foot long french bread subs and great dishes pasta and such.

19 years working Boston i have been up and down salem st hanover st resteraunts hole in the wall take out places
China house on hanover st is really good no seats strictly walk in take out the lobby fits maybe 3 people crowded.

I find that Diggy's in Westford to be quite good. And, they have some creative monthly specials.

If they could give the bar pizza crust a slight crisp/snap, it would enter into excellent land.

"As for places to go, there's a place called Pasquale's in Westfield. They make HUGE party-size pizzas."

Pasquale's is in Southampton, ate there 2 weeks ago and ordered Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried their pizza thou.
I think you mean Paisanos in Southampton right? Their pizza has a sweet sauce real good, buy a large get a large free on takeout😃

No such thing as best pizza. It just is. Unless you’re a complete fool, pizza is good. Yes I’ve had bad pizza. But never great. There’s crap and a tie for best.

Bianchi's pizza Revere Beach.
I've been around for a long time and growing up in Everett we had Piece O' Pizza in Everett Square. Their pizza was great and of course we were not old enough to drive, ya I'm dating myself, 1960's. It was one of the first to become a Papa Gino's. Caruso Pizza opened not far and he made a great pizza also.
But, hands down, the best regular cheese pizza is definitely Bianchi's. Santarpios is great and second in my book but it is a "brick oven style"
There are plenty of good Italian pizza shops and everyone has their own "flavor" and style they like.

Back
Top Bottom