• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

There used to be a place in Stoneham named Francine’s, best thin crust pizza bar none. Curuso’s in Melrose was amazing! Didn’t hurt that he was Sicilian. in Concord NH, the best pizza by far is at CC Tomatoes. Thin crust, brick wood fired oven. eccellente!

Ate there once, only thing I liked was the boxing memorabilia. I was totally disgusted by the canned ingredients and how the place smelled. I make my own pizza....
Do you make dough from scratch, grow your own tomatoes, process your own pepperoni,process your own Mozzerell?… kinda hard to make pizza without something canned😀

I too make my own pizza and enjoy it very much. 👍🏻

Curuso’s in Melrose was amazing! Didn’t hurt that he was Sicilian.

Caruso’s was good. I grew up in the area and would go there often. Another, and still, favorite is the house special pizza from Melrose House of Pizza. Yes, it’s greek but it is so awesome. I buy a couple and freeze them when I get back there.

People seem to forget that there are different styles of pizza. Neapolitan, Sicilian, Greek, Lebanese,, Detroit, Chicago, Mystic, etc. they’re all good but I’m different ways. Well , maybe that thing from Rhode Island. I’d like to see it IRL before calling it pizza.

Curuso’s in Melrose was amazing! Didn’t hurt that he was Sicilian.
Caruso's was great, place is still empty I believe. He owned a few restaurants around, was a great guy, loved to talk to the customers. Didn't know he was retired Italian Federal Police, saw it online in his obituary. Can't believe it was 12 years go.

Papa Ginos (don't laugh), in the 1970s + 80s. The best. Absolutely loved their dough & sauce formulas.....and toppings. They changed the recipe in the 1990s.....and that's when it really started to suck.

Georgetown (MA) House of Pizza has the closest approximation of Papa Ginos' 1970s/1980s recipe that I've probably ever had.

The Cabaret Lounge on Rte. 1 had, in the 1990s, probably the best pizza I had ever tasted. I actually used to go there for lunch....for the pizza. The girls dancing were "there", yes, but, I actually would drop in just for lunch, with my buddy.
Naked people and food together......ugh I dont know. Reminds of the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer made the salad in the shower.

I forgot about fat tomato in holyoke killer pizza. They have a Sicilian pizza that’s crazy!!

Do you make dough from scratch, grow your own tomatoes, process your own pepperoni,process your own Mozzerell?… kinda hard to make pizza without something canned😀

I too make my own pizza and enjoy it very much. 👍🏻
Yes, I do make my own dough, grow my own basil and I don't use meat on my pizza. It's intended to be a true vegetarian meal. I use fresh mushrooms, fresh Mozzarella and use a good Italian brand sauce with homemade pesto, oregano and onions. It's not hard to make a good pizza but there's a million ways to screw it up. Fruit and Buffalo Wings as a topping is just one of many examples of a disaster waiting to happen.

Ate there once, only thing I liked was the boxing memorabilia. I was totally disgusted by the canned ingredients and how the place smelled. I make my own pizza....
I think Santarpios relies on people liking the name. Hell, get a Boston-set movie and SOMEONE has to bring a pizza from Santarpios. LOL

Yeah. That's like some dolt FB troll website. The website isn't Italian Food.com. It's 50bestpizza.com. Please.

Dave just did a pizza review of Pleasant Cafe in Rozzy. Anyone ever had it? Not that I'm going, but curious. It didn't LOOK like SS bar pizza. But he said it TASTED like SS Bar pizza. (aka Town Spa, Monte's, Lynwood, J's Flying, etc.,).

I forgot about fat tomato in holyoke killer pizza. They have a Sicilian pizza that’s crazy!!

Yes, very good

Yes, I do make my own dough, grow my own basil and I don't use meat on my pizza. It's intended to be a true vegetarian meal. I use fresh mushrooms, fresh Mozzarella and use a good Italian brand sauce with homemade pesto, oregano and onions. It's not hard to make a good pizza but there's a million ways to screw it up. Fruit and Buffalo Wings as a topping is just one of many examples of a disaster waiting to happen.
Where do you get fresh Moozzerella? It’s coming from the package right? What I am trying to basically say is it is hard to make something from scratch without having something being in a box,can or package.

And yes it is easy to f*** it up there’s nothing worse than homemade pizza that sucks😂😂

Ted’s, classic Greek. I’d give Steve’s in West Boylston the edge for Greek pizza.
I didn't know this was an Italian-only pizza thread (I'm talking about Ted's 30+ years ago when it was right next door to Ray's barber shop. If it makes you feel better my pizza is Italian style - Sicilian to be precise). [laugh]

Pachinis crust is great but the central Cafe sauce is the best.

Ya think???? I'm gonna have to try again. My kids tend to want "stuff" pizza for the most part so I never get to CC. We end up ordering 33 different odd pizza combos from Baldie's. Decent pizza. But not classic SS bar pizza per se.

But now I'm gonna have to go try the CC sauce again. I wanna say their cheese was too. . . thick or something. Maybe too greasy. I wasn't in love enough to bother going back often. But it's been a while. And parking is the pits. LOL

And now I want Little Stevie's.

But the old Stevie's, at 02:30. Before they cleaned the place up. When a slice was maybe $2, and the shop was just a counter, a video game cabinet, and a couple pedestal tables.

Or Hi-Fi, also at 02:30.

Back
Top Bottom