• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

There were these two young millennial yentas on Insta that my wife sent me that rated the SSBP. The one they rated top was freaking BURNT on top. IT WAS BURNT! Basically, they rated it high because. . . . it was a fun bar to be in. ??????

Oh, and they didn't like the guy at J's Flying. LOL. I've never had a problem with him. He's a nice guy. Maybe you're a clueless millennial. Maybe you wanted to make your ticky-tocky video IN HIS DRIVEWAY. (J's Flying is out of the guy's garage - no lie. For, like, 40 years. LOL)

There used to be a place in Attleboro called Eli’s. Absolutely the best pizza anywhere. Went by a year or so ago and it’s now something else. The Downtown in Norton used to have pretty good pizza as well. Little greas, but who the hell cares about that. Have not had it in years so not sure about it now.
Elis went to crap. Not going back there for a while. Eli's was pretty good at one time...I think that time has passed.
Ricos in North Attleboro was pretty good too, but last few times I've tried it, it was average at best.

Pizza in downtown North Attleboro (Bills I think, was Laverys Package store at one time) was pretty good last few times

In the mid-80s I would go to Uno's in Boston for their Biaco(sp) deep dish pizza. Mushrooms, sausages and garlic was to die for. Don't judge me.
I used to like Uno's before they changed their dough. They were no Lou Malnatis but their deep dish pizza with eggplant, roasted peppers, and sausage was pretty good.

A couple of years in a row they did a jambalaya pizza during Madi Gras. That was a kick ass pizza.

Uno's really went downhill in the last five or so years.

I used to like Uno's before they changed their dough. They were no Lou Malnatis but their deep dish pizza with eggplant, roasted peppers, and sausage was pretty good.

A couple of years in a row they did a jambalaya pizza during Madi Gras. That was a kick ass pizza.

Agreed. Same with Little Ceasars. They used to have those in Kmarts many years ago and was really good. It's garbage now.

Yeah that was a long time ago. Might have changed twice since then. Think someone from the original ownership opened a place in Walpole on 1A.

Sandwiches still good. Pizza is meh
They opened the place in Walpole around 1995 where the Cumberland Farms is. Cumberland Farms took over the whole "plaza" and they moved to where they are today.

I used to work right near there so we got food from the all the time. They were super nice people and made really good subs.

Elis went to crap. Not going back there for a while. Eli's was pretty good at one time...I think that time has passed.
Ricos in North Attleboro was pretty good too, but last few times I've tried it, it was average at best.

Pizza in downtown North Attleboro (Bills I think, was Laverys Package store at one time) was pretty good last few times
Got to be honest, left Attleboro back in about ‘83. It was fantastic back then. Last time I had it was in 2005 when we were cleaning out the old ”family homestead” prepping it for sale. It was still great then. Don’t know what happened to it. Maybe different owners.

In the mid-80s I would go to Uno's in Boston for their Biaco(sp) deep dish pizza. Mushrooms, sausages and garlic was to die for. Don't judge me.

It isn't really "pizza" but I used to enjoy going there. I remember the first time I went, maybe 35 years ago. Maybe 40. Boston was the first franchises as the franchise guy who bought them out was from Boston.

It's the corporationing of the restaurant industry. Corporate sends a bean counter in. He cuts staff, he cuts ingredients, he cuts any cost he can find. About 80% of the time, within 2 years they start closing stores like there is no tomorrow. Is there even an Uno's in the area anymore? Brockton? Taunton is long gone.

Same thing happened to Applebee's 20 years ago. Ditto for Dunkin Donuts. Sure they make more $. But they make it by selling crap foodstuffs. Their only advantage is that people around here are JUST stupid enough between 6:30 and 9am to not notice how crappy it is. LOL

But the reality is that chains are on the way out, smaller establishments are on the rise. Sadly, it just means that you have to "chance it" when you are in a different part of town, state or the country. The advantage of GOOD chains 30-40 years ago was that you could rely on a consistent meal.

My biggest sad corporationing is Cracker Barrel. Not the BEST food, but just a comfort place to go to. Now everything is chicky-nuggy. WTF????

Agreed. Same with Little Ceasars. They used to have those in Kmarts many years ago and was really good. It's garbage now.

No. Little Skeezers was never good pizza. It was CHEAP. But it was never good. Passable and definitely a staple for me back when I was poor 25 years ago. Not good. It was teh Subway of pizza. (Again, Subway isn't bad. But you'd not say "Hey, I want to go to Subway for my birthday!")

Went out last night after mtn biking with a couple of riding buddies to the Marsh Coal fired Pizza in Marshfield. I got mushroom, tomato, hamburger. I thought it was pretty damn good, and I’m pretty fussy when it comes to pizza. They had a good selection of beer on tap. And as a bonus a couple cute, friendly waitresses working as well.

Red Wing was an awesome pizza. Passed it today and it was closed. Looked it up and they closed their doors in Oct 2023

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

First time I went was 1973. We were home visiting for Christmas, likely. Around Christmas. My grandfather drove all of us to RW for lunch. Everyone got clams. I got spaghetti. I was 4. Back when it was JUST the diner part. 6 of us stuffed into one booth. It's the first memory I have of my my dad's parents. I don't recall them coming out much back when I was little before we moved back to mASS.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

First time I went was 1973. We were home visiting for Christmas, likely. Around Christmas. My grandfather drove all of us to RW for lunch. Everyone got clams. I got spaghetti. I was 4. Back when it was JUST the diner part. 6 of us stuffed into one booth. It's the first memory I have of my my dad's parents. I don't recall them coming out much back when I was little before we moved back to mASS.
And they still had the jukeboxes on the walls, the same waitresses since they were probably born, and the line to get in well outside the door. My family (parents / siblings) and then my own family had been going there for many, many decades. When I was younger, my family would hold a semi reunion with both sides, where we took up two of the long tables in the middle.

When the cook? took over the business, things were still the same for a while. Then the pizza quality seemed to go down hill but the rest seemed to remain the same. I hope whoever takes over, continues to use the same pizza ovens and is able to get their hands on the pizza recipe and the others!

Best Pizza and Pastrami grinder I've ever had was A1 in Hinsdale, NH. Not the one in Winchester. Hinsdale.

I stay away from eastern MA pizza. Only places I've been where spaghetti and meatballs was considered Italian. Gotta shit talk them in Greek and flush out the pretenders.

You know why Red Rose's Pizzeria, Frigo's, and La Fiorentina is authentic? Within 200 feet we've had a mob on mob sanctioned hit.

Best Pizza and Pastrami grinder I've ever had was A1 in Hinsdale, NH. Not the one in Winchester. Hinsdale.

I stay away from eastern MA pizza. Only places I've been where spaghetti and meatballs was considered Italian. Gotta shit talk them in Greek and flush out the pretenders.

You know why Red Rose's Pizzeria, Frigo's, and La Fiorentina is authentic? Within 200 feet we've had a mob on mob sanctioned hit.
I miss Hinsdale Park

Back
Top Bottom