I finally joined the gen 1 Glock club

92G

Local shop had this baby for $480 out the door. Staff claimed it was a gen 2. I said sure it is and here’s $480. serial # puts it around late 1988 production. Internals look great. it has some dings and scratches. Cleaned her up and sealed in an air tight bag with desiccant. This one is a collector piece for my boys.

Who else has a gen 1 story to share?

AB86F629-8A7A-48F3-B7DF-B2B86A35885E.jpeg

Does that make the DTE a collectors gallery now? lol
I got a Gen01 G19 back around 89-90 new for $300.00, but sold it about a year later. Wasn’t impressed with the plastic fantastic back then, they were still kind of..meh (new/weird/diff).

I’m a gen 3 guy. They are pretty much all the same. My first Glock was a new gen 2 21 way back in the day. I actually CCed that cinder block for years.

Glocks are like iPhones. New version pretty much same as the old version, but now nobody wants the old version anymore.
The Gen 5 trigger is noticeably better than the Gen 4 (which was worse than Gen 3). Still a Glock trigger, but better. The biggest, most important change to me is the magwell. That's a significant improvement.

Last edited:
Why a Gen 1?

I acquire a firearm for one of three purposes:
1) Defensive (eg G17.5, HK P30, ARs)
2) Pleasure (eg 1911, M1A)
3) Historical value (eg Garand, VPZ0, P38) - the G17.1 falls in this category

Over the past few years the gen 1 glocks have become coveted by glock collectors. They are starting to take on significant monetary value. A good deal nowadays is anything under $1k. Look what happened to the S&W gen 3 TDAs. A silly 5906 is now worth some $$. I’m going to start looking into the Ruger hammer fired pistols again. I owned a P97DC and stupidly sold it. Even those will eventually be a collector item and they’re a Ruger!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpmQJhlZzY

I acquire a firearm for one of three purposes:
1) Defensive (eg G17.5, HK P30, ARs)
2) Pleasure (eg 1911, M1A)
3) Historical value (eg Garand, VPZ0, P38) - the G17.1 falls in this category

Over the past few years the gen 1 glocks have become coveted by glock collectors. They are starting to take on significant monetary value. A good deal nowadays is anything under $1k. Look what happened to the S&W gen 3 TDAs. A silly 5906 is now worth some $$. I’m going to start looking into the Ruger hammer fired pistols again. I owned a P97DC and stupidly sold it. Even those will eventually be a collector item and they’re a Ruger!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpmQJhlZzY

I wonder how much my Gen 3 cutaway will be worth [rofl]

glock fan boy here! nice pick up for sure, i ain't ever seen one before in person. they were a myth even back when i bought my first glock...very early 90's. i haven't kept up on them but it has always been my understanding that very, very, very few were exported to the states for commercial sale, with the bulk of the gen 1 production filling european military and police orders. i'm digging out my early glock history book tonight to read up on the 1's. when it was published they were only on the gen 2.

is that the original box for sure? i've never seen one so dunno. and surprised to see the owners document in english. again, never seen one.

is that the original box for sure? i've never seen one so dunno. and surprised to see the owners document in english. again, never seen one.

im not sure about the box or the paperwork. those look a little more gen 2 ish to me. The magazine is correct though, U notch and all.

im not sure about the box or the paperwork. those look a little more gen 2 ish to me. The magazine is correct though, U notch and all.
If it's 1988 manufactured could have been feasible for a gen 1 go into a gen 2 box. Didn't gen 2 come out in 1988?

Does that make the DTE a collectors gallery now? lol
I got a Gen01 G19 back around 89-90 new for $300.00, but sold it about a year later. Wasn’t impressed with the plastic fantastic back then, they were still kind of..meh (new/weird/diff).
Are you sure it was a Gen 1 G19? Over on Glocktalk in the collectors section they were saying that Glock didn’t have that many Gen 1’s in the states. And true Gen 1’s we’re going for $20lk.
Here is a link Glocktalk that lists most of the Gen 1’s with serial numbers. Most of the fist batch of Gen 1’s went to the KS ABC and it is stamped on the slide.
I have one the first Gen 2’s G19 imported into to the states and didn’t realize the collector value until I found the “collectors club” section on Glocktalk as I was posting some pics over there and I was offered $4k for it. I almost shit. Figured I would keep it and pass it along to my boys.

Are you sure it was a Gen 1 G19? Over on Glocktalk in the collectors section they were saying that Glock didn’t have that many Gen 1’s in the states. And true Gen 1’s we’re going for $20lk.
Here is a link Glocktalk that lists most of the Gen 1’s with serial numbers. Most of the fist batch of Gen 1’s went to the KS ABC and it is stamped on the slide.
I have one the first Gen 2’s G19 imported into to the states and didn’t realize the collector value until I found the “collectors club” section on Glocktalk as I was posting some pics over there and I was offered $4k for it. I almost shit. Figured I would keep it and pass it along to my boys.
I’m not sure about anything from 30+ yrs ago. lol
I assume(d) it was a Gen01 from that date/era. Bought it from a buddy in our unit who was a dealer at the time in WA.

I’m not sure about anything from 30+ yrs ago. lol
I assume(d) it was a Gen01 from that date/era. Bought it from a buddy in our unit who was a dealer at the time in WA.
I got mine kind of the same way. It was the dealers model sent by Glock to get people to order them. The guy I was with at shop was friends with the dealer and he talked him into selling it. The ones that command the most money have the original Tupperware, manual and everything that came with it. I would never pay it but there are several collectors on Glocktalk that have Gen 1 G19 as well as multiple early Gen 2’s as they try to get the low rate serial numbers.

I got mine kind of the same way. It was the dealers model sent by Glock to get people to order them. The guy I was with at shop was friends with the dealer and he talked him into selling it. The ones that command the most money have the original Tupperware, manual and everything that came with it. I would never pay it but there are several collectors on Glocktalk that have Gen 1 G19 as well as multiple early Gen 2’s as they try to get the low rate serial numbers.
Ya I can’t see it either, that’s crazy for an old plastic pistol, but if they have the money to spend God bless ‘em. I hang with the poors so no collectibles for me. lol

Back
Top Bottom