I feel sorry for the MA police on this one.

True that the BB gun has no bearing, a gun pointed at a cop is good reason to fire, but do you think he was still standing after the 15th round perforated him? Where are the cams? Amadou Diallo begs to differ with you. Amadou's last words- " Amado anything you ask me to".

I mean come on dude.......please tell me this isn't flying over your head..........
Are you a medical examiner?
When the guy goes down, do you think the gun magically de-spawns?
There's no correct answer for this type of situation. The police had to eliminate the threat to protect their own lives. They succeeded. A bullet went south and hit a bystander. That is just so beyond upsetting to hear as no one deserves that to happen. That's seriously sad and so unfortunate. Not a good outcome, at all. But the threat was neutralized. Additionally, it's pretty sad that these types of events are occurring. Hopefully in the near future police are able to intervene at a different angle so that situations like this occur less and less. IE providing mental health assistance to the person with the fake gun before the police have to interact which basically only provides 1 outcome..

Literally don't see any worry for these officers, that deceased is 100% at fault for that valet being struck. The cops don't just fire rounds off without a reason to. They had a justified reason to.
They will not have to pay personally, but it is quite likely that a jury would not agree with your opinion. So likely that the city will likely settle the case which I assume is or will be brought.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting until it goes down the weapon is no longer in the assailant's grasp.
FTFY.

Well, at least that'd be anyone's story;
and juries oughtn't be able to distinguish between
that being justified, and unjustified, reasons.

Well, absent objectively damning body-cam footage, sigh...

How about "The Sheriff may carry a loaded gun, but the deputy is limited to one bullet that must be kept in his shirt pocket until the sheriff give an order to load".

Who can be the first to name the town that did this without using Google?
Of course, Barny Fife in Mayberry. Hence calling every nervous nelly cop a Barny Fife.

Back
Top Bottom