• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I feel sorry for the MA police on this one.

DeadEyeDan

NES Member

They are suing the officers for shooting a mentally ill man that pulled a replica BB gun on them... I’m all for holding the police to a high standard but... we need to be reasonable...with seconds to make a life or death decision and the perception of a real threat I feel like we are setting an impossible and unfair standard for law enforcement... 🤦🏻‍♂️

In many instances, it’s called “Death by Cop” when someone intentionally commits suicide by forcing LEOs to act in self defense when presented with a real looking replica...who knows the true motivation here on the part of the individual with the BB gun. While BB guns are not “firearms” they do come with all sorts of warnings and disclaimers of severe bodily harm and/or death. On the surface, it appears a good shoot, although with a tragic ending and several lives altered for ever.

ANTIFA and BLM will provide all the law enforcement they need.
Something close to this. Leftists will make sure their pets fill the vacuum and then suddenly the standards that are impossible for todays cops to meet will melt away and the daily police shootings will be part and parcel of living in a big city.

Last edited:
Unless you're a young child, female, or unarmed, the UN peace keepers aren't much of a threat. They come from nations where the military mostly specializes in terrorizing their own subjects. There are some exceptions, but that's mostly what peace keepers from 3rd World S***holes do.

I dont really care , if you pull a gun on anyone be it a pellet gun , pistol , or even a clay model made to look real be prepared to get shot. Real simple.
One thing I agree with is the cops being treated like anyone else. You can bet your bottom dollar if joe public came across this guy and drew on joe public and joe public drew his weapon and defended himself....well you know poor joe public would be stripped of his Constitutional rights, probably charged with a crime or three and sued to no end.
we need simple laws like.
If you draw a gun even a made to look real one on ANYONE be prepared to die.
Mental illness or not.
My level of "mental illness " is probably much different than the broad label it covers.

F%*k the UN. They'll be here eventually.
What a pretty shade of blue. Great Targets.

View attachment 422137

View attachment 422136

I generally won't implicate myself on the internet, but if UN forces land here in numbers for a 'police action', I'll be in the opposition so long as I'm still able to pull a trigger. If I'm 100 and invalid, I'll figure out how one of those Stephen Hawking voice controls can do it. LOL...

I generally won't implicate myself on the internet, but if UN forces land here in numbers for a 'police action', I'll be in the opposition so long as I'm still able to pull a trigger. If I'm 100 and invalid, I'll figure out how one of those Stephen Hawking voice controls can do it. LOL...

This is a common sentiment, and I think they are aware of that

If Samuel Whittemore could travel to the Great Lakes region and fight Indians hand to hand at age 67, then Im sure we can at the very least hang out in relative comfort in our own AO and pull triggers.

I dont really care , if you pull a gun on anyone be it a pellet gun , pistol , or even a clay model made to look real be prepared to get shot. Real simple.
One thing I agree with is the cops being treated like anyone else. You can bet your bottom dollar if joe public came across this guy and drew on joe public and joe public drew his weapon and defended himself....well you know poor joe public would be stripped of his Constitutional rights, probably charged with a crime or three and sued to no end.
we need simple laws like.
If you draw a gun even a made to look real one on ANYONE be prepared to die.
Mental illness or not.
My level of "mental illness " is probably much different than the broad label it covers.

Not saying it wouldn't be sad for a mentally ill person to die from 'suicide by cop' or armed citizen, but if someone pulls a gun they are a deadly threat regardless of their mental health status. One could argue that anyone attempting such a move would not be in their 'right mind'. In case of deadly threat, there are no extenuating circumstances.

They are suing the officers for shooting a mentally ill man that pulled a replica BB gun on them... I’m all for holding the police to a high standard but... we need to be reasonable...with seconds to make a life or death decision and the perception of a real threat I feel like we are setting an impossible and unfair standard for law enforcement... 🤦🏻‍♂️
Specially today when some people will shoot cops for no reason but because they are cops.

That is a waste of taxpayer resources.. That judge should be liable for any and all expenses that arises from this because nobody can argue that the cop should have known a fake gun was fake when pointed at him like a real gun.

I know the source is pretty biased, but there has to be more to the story here.

I'm just curious Brookline is its own independent city? Why are all the cops in this situation from Boston?
Brookline is a town (not a city). The reason is that it was a hot pursuit, in which case it's perfectly legal for officers to cross borders and still maintain their police powers.

If they don’t care about your constitutional rights, hang em. If not they can live. We could give them a simple test to decide.

I thought the cops couldn’t be sued. Wouldn’t the departments be liable for any awards to the criminal’s family and not the cops personally?

Back
Top Bottom