• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"I carry Mace"

Yesterday WBZ reported on the Harvard Yard Assault and while interviewing some of the students, one young lady said, during her interview, "I carry Mace". My first thought was "And I bet you don't have a FID". Well this morning WBZ was doing a recap and they showed the same young lady's interview and WBZ had edited out the "I carry Mace" part. [hmmm]

My girlfriend has a restricted FID (for pepper spray) and just renewed it 3 weeks ago. I got my LTC in the other day (after 17 weeks) and she asks "When do you think my renewal will be in"?
I keep telling her to just get a LTC since its the same process (plus a basic firearms safety course). Stupid to have to get a license for something that is "shall issue".

Yesterday WBZ reported on the Harvard Yard Assault and while interviewing some of the students, one young lady said, during her interview, "I carry Mace". My first thought was "And I bet you don't have a FID". Well this morning WBZ was doing a recap and they showed the same young lady's interview and WBZ had edited out the "I carry Mace" part. [hmmm]

I doubt it had anything to do with them not wanting to get her in trouble, and EVERYTHING about some moonbat $hitting themselves that she would DARE (!) cause her attacker pain.

I doubt it had anything to do with them not wanting to get her in trouble, and EVERYTHING about some moonbat $hitting themselves that she would DARE (!) cause her attacker pain.

well, DUH!...The attacker is always the victim in this state.

I've mentioned to several people (non-gun owners) that you need a license to own mace and they were quite surprised, although not moved enough to call their legislators.

but but ... if you fight back you are infringing on the civil rights of the attacker.

Not only do you need the FID for Mace but IIRC you need permission from school administration to carry it on school property which, in Harvard Square, is expansive.

This may seem like a dumb question. If you need an FID to carry in this state, you must need an FID to buy. Where are they getting the Mace? From out of state then transporting it over our borders?

You need an FID for mace? Oh wait...is MA

Not this kind:

medieval.jpg

This may seem like a dumb question. If you need an FID to carry in this state, you must need an FID to buy. Where are they getting the Mace? From out of state then transporting it over our borders?

That, or it was given to them by someone who has a license.

Most are students from outside MA where OC/Mace is available at your local stop and rob store with no ID required.

Most colleges will NOT give written permission to carry it on campus, so the FID is sort of useless.

Also NRs can NOT obtain a NR FID as it does not exist. They can only get a NR LTC and must be 21 yo minimum to qualify plus gun course, etc., trip to Chelsea, annual $100 fee for a $10 product, etc. Most libtards going to college in Boston/Cambridge would puke at the thought of touching a gun just to get a permission slip to carry OC/Mace. Just not going to happen.

If they are Aliens here for college, they don't qualify under the Comm2A case and likely would be denied any permit. There are a ton of foreign students at Boston area colleges.

Thats a law I would openly admit I advise people to work around. No girl should be forced to have no line of protection. Just my .02

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

My Daughter is a student at U Miami. They have a very strict no mace policy. She keeps can of Wasp and Hornet spray in her dorm room and her giant handbag. Totally legal, shoots a solid stream up to 25' and requires medical attention if you get hit in the face with it. She also keeps a can on the drivers side door of her car.

I told her if she is ever asked to tell them she is allergic to bees

IMO every college administrator who denies a student mace or as a result of their policy causes a student not to get mace should be charged as an accessory should any crimes be comitted against that student. All these grown men who sleep fine at night knowing they told an 18 year old girl she is forbidden from defending herself with something as harmless as pepper spray deserves a firm kick in the nuts.

Mike

IMO every college administrator who denies a student mace or as a result of their policy causes a student not to get mace should be charged as an accessory should any crimes be comitted against that student. All these grown men who sleep fine at night knowing they told an 18 year old girl she is forbidden from defending herself with something as harmless as pepper spray deserves a firm kick in the nuts.

Mike

Mike

The state should also be held responsible for making it difficult for a person to exercise the birth right of self preservation.

Mike

I couldn't agree more but these idiots have no accountability, just like judges that release criminals that subsequently re-offend and hurt others.

People are clueless about this stuff, unless they're part of our community.

I was at an estate sale, and my son opened a drawer....several cans of defense spray inside.

I told the guy running the sale that it was unlawful to posess without the proper card, which I had - then I had several cans of spray, gratis.

[laugh]

I'm my own bonded warehouse!

Mike

This^

The state should also be held responsible for making it difficult for a person to exercise the birth right of self preservation.

& This^

Not only do you need the FID for Mace but IIRC you need permission from school administration to carry it on school property which, in Harvard Square, is expansive.

I told my girlfriend to carry her mace in school grounds (she went back to school). I dont give a F what the school has to say. 3 girls got raped there last year (not as many as in other MA universities)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom