• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting Ain't Doin' It

I’d love to see Worcester water supply land opened to public hunting…..and not only to the water supply thugs.

It would have to be antler deer only during the growing season. Does are still nursing fawns at that point. You kill the doe, you kill all her fawns too.... from starvation. Since those don't get tagged or counted, there's no way to accurately measure your management impact.

That's if you're concern is deer management. If your concern is to stop deer from eating your crops, taking out the does is a double benefit by eliminating two with one shot, literally.

I'm not a big deer hunter any more, so I'm looking more at the practical way of eliminating a pest, and not ethical game management.

I’d love to see Worcester water supply land opened to public hunting…..and not only to the water supply thugs.
Ran into some of those Aholes over in Paxton once over by the old ski hill way the fxck in there. I was on the edge of the Holden Res area, but not on it. They told me I was not supposed to be on there.

I showed them the map...they went away......could tell they were just trying to bully people away. But the thugs definately poach that area.

I killed a few deer over there with the recurve bow back when I was younger, including one big one that was a bastard to get out, it was a hell of a long drag. I was miles in. Not doing that shit now. And they built some houses not to far from where I was hunting and kinda wrecked the travel routes.

My taxidermist lives on the edge on the other side of the Holden Res...borering lots of Res land.......right outside of Tatnuck......hes had some good hunts over there.....but nothing crazy. Lots of people who own frontage houses get on that land and hunt it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom