• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Huh, Foam earplug bullets?

Which came first?
ryan-reilly-twitter.jpg

Decades ago I used to do basement practice with Speer plastic bullets (flat base wadcutters) propelled by primer only. Worked pretty well. Maintained accuracy thru 15 reloads stopped tracking after that. Mocked up 2 x4 wall with half inch bare Sheetrock. Penetrated first layer into wall did not penetrate paper on second layer exiting wall. Not a toy.

Decades ago I used to do basement practice with Speer plastic bullets (flat base wadcutters) propelled by primer only. Worked pretty well. Maintained accuracy thru 15 reloads stopped tracking after that. Mocked up 2 x4 wall with half inch bare Sheetrock. Penetrated first layer into wall did not penetrate paper on second layer exiting wall. Not a toy.

I have fired the rubber X-Ring bullets this way before for practice and concur that they can be accurate. I used Win-Clean brass for the enlarged flash holes.

I would NOT recommend doing this in an enclosed basement due to the release of lead styphnate from the primers.

I wonder if I could use an empty primed case to shoot potato squibs at my neighbor's cat?

I'm thinking magnum pistol primer...

I think those earplugs need gas checks...

Ive hear stories about people shooting eachother with wax, earplugs, whatever..
.the only safety issue is see is using SIM rounds is with a firearm that could accept a live round.

Ive hear stories about people shooting eachother with wax, earplugs, whatever..
.the only safety issue is see is using SIM rounds is with a firearm that could accept a live round.
Im thinking of making a cardboard target and just drawing and shooting to see how fast and accurate I can be at hitting a target on the draw with one shot. I dont think an auto will make more than one shot with only a primer anyway. But! If I can draw and hit a target with the first shot I should be able to do it with the next shot.

Im thinking of making a cardboard target and just drawing and shooting to see how fast and accurate I can be at hitting a target on the draw with one shot. I dont think an auto will make more than one shot with only a primer anyway. But! If I can draw and hit a target with the first shot I should be able to do it with the next shot.

They wont cycle a semi.If they can be made to feed so depending on what you usings as a projeCTile..
You shoot, then hand cycle the next round. A primer wont even move the action of the firarms.

Wont cycle, wont gum it up to bady.. just clean after.
Crayans are a common ingredient in cast bullet lube..espicisally to color code the lube.

Wont cycle, wont gum it up to bady.. just clean after.
Crayans are a common ingredient in cast bullet lube..espicisally to color code the lube.
Hmmmm. Thanks for the info. I've got plenty of wax, I make fire starters for my woodstove with it. Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I would just shoot primers but would rather see if I'm hitting anything from the draw and the wax sounds like it will leave a mark or two behind on my new plywood man.

Back
Top Bottom