• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden admin takes aim at hunters in latest regulation: 'Preventing Americans from hunting' : no lead bullets

Barnes has options that are fine for WhiteTail. Here, let me help you:

They're not even that much more expensive. When you start looking at quality jacketed lead hunting ammo with bullets from Hornady, Nosler, etc., it's not cheap either. The price parody is negligible, if anything at all.
Wow, only 56 dollars a box .
That's a deal.
It will be a hundred once it's mandated.
You know how this works.
The only use I would have for solids is Cape buffalo.
I suspect those Barnes would piss through something thin skinned like whitetail without hardly expanding but that's not the point.
The point you are missing is it's not about the "environment" and never has been.
Have you turned in your "Assault rifles " yet ? Because that's all about improving "Public safety ".
You give these f*ckers nothing or let them take everything.

Wow, only 56 dollars a box .
That's a deal.
It will be a hundred once it's mandated.
You know how this works.
The only use I would have for solids is Cape buffalo.
I suspect those Barnes would piss through something thin skinned like whitetail without hardly expanding but that's not the point.
The point you are missing is it's not about the "environment" and never has been.
Have you turned in your "Assault rifles " yet ? Because that's all about improving "Public safety ".
You give these f*ckers nothing or let them take everything.

You're still sensationalizing.

First - the prohibition is on Federal land ONLY. Second, it's only on a handful of Federal properties. Properties that weren't even open to hunting at all until just a few years ago. So, how exactly, does EXPANDED access, but with restrictions on ammo, qualify as "Preventing Americans from hunting"?

I'll be interested in seeing how you quantify that... Do you want to bitch about 56.00 dollars a box of ammo, or would you prefer to go back to not being able to hunt that land at all? BTW, that ammo is 40 bucks on Target Sports USA - delivered to your door. Also, BTW, there are plenty of lead ammo that costs that same price point. When you start to get into the premium hunting bullets, they're just as expensive.

1687624068173.png

There are also other copper alternatives.

1687624101733.png

The price difference is negligible.

You need to see this for what it is man... the expanded access, even with ammo restrictions - IS A WIN for sportsmen. Also, the headline "Preventing Americans from hunting" is just an outright lie. The land used to be off-limits. Now it is not. So let's call a spade - a spade here. The headline is just a lie... It is what it is.. Something designed to manipulate you and craft your opinion and get you foaming at the mouth... and it worked.

Last edited:
You're still sensationalizing.

First - the prohibition is on Federal land ONLY. Second, it's only on a handful of Federal properties. Properties that weren't even open to hunting at all until just a few years ago. So, how exactly, does EXPANDED access, but with restrictions on ammo, qualify as "Preventing Americans from hunting"?

I'll be interested in seeing how you quantify that... Do you want to bitch about 56.00 dollars a box of ammo, or would you prefer to go back to not being able to hunt that land at all? BTW, that ammo is 40 bucks on Target Sports USA - delivered to your door. Also, BTW, there are plenty of lead ammo that costs that same price point. When you start to get into the premium hunting bullets, they're just as expensive.

View attachment 767228

There are also other copper alternatives.

View attachment 767230

The price difference is negligible.

You need to see this for what it is man... the expanded access, even with ammo restrictions - IS A WIN for sportsmen. Also, the headline "Preventing Americans from hunting" is just an outright lie. The land used to be off-limits. Now it is not. So let's call a spade - a spade here. The headline is just a lie... It is what it is.. Something designed to manipulate you and craft your opinion and get you foaming at the mouth... and it worked.
No point in arguing with someone who's fine playing "Just the tip ".
You won't get it till it's balls deep and no lube.
Then it's too late.

They've identified the problem - hunters and fishermen.

This is round 2 on this merry go round.

An Official Journal Of The NRA | Departing USFWS Director Dan Ashe Issues Lead Ammo Ban

The US Fish &Wildlife Service tried this before. Dan Ashe, the suckass MFer that was appointed by Obama, on his way out the door after Trump was elected, passed a rule banning all lead ammunition and fishing tackle on federal land, or at least what was under USF&WS control. Total dick move to screw over hunters and fishermen.

Fortunately, Trump's pick for Secretary of the Interior squashed that on his first day in the position. I don't see anyone reversing this position anytime soon.
Who’s gonna enforce this??

‘Excuse me hunter, I need to verify that you’re not using lead ammunition!!’

“Is that soft body armor your wearing, fed?”

Barnes has options that are fine for WhiteTail. Here, let me help you:

They're not even that much more expensive. When you start looking at quality jacketed lead hunting ammo with bullets from Hornady, Nosler, etc., it's not cheap either. The price parody is negligible, if anything at all.

Is the regulation dumb? Absolutely. Is it a "Preventing Americans from hunting"? Absolutely not. If you want to debate the merits of the regulation - fine. I agree with you, it's dumb and ill-advised. But let's not lie about it with misinformation and sensationalization. That is not justifiable regardless of your comment on incrementalism.
Fight change, most of all liberal, woke , propaganda change. I didn't think I would have to say it.

Some folks don't understand that. They are happy that they can still do, until they can't. By then it is too late, and they were the reason that it was allowed to reach that point.

This is the Eco-Fascists using the courts to further their agenda, originally it was one refuge and as a court settlement it is being expanded to these other refuges. Give it time it will expand even more.
It's also Clown World HQ (California) bullsh!t.

It's another slice off the salami. When you wake up, the entire salami will be gone.
Bullshit. Let's take stock. The other side didn't want us hunting the lands at all. Prior to just a couple of years ago, they had their way. Now we can hunt the lands. That's expanded access, and expanded access is a win. Now what can the other side take stock in. "Well we lost and the land is huntable, but at least they have to use copper bullets."

We got 90% of what we wanted. THATS A WIN! The prohibition against lead ammo impacts precisely zero land outside of the lands we previously had zero access to. THATS A WIN.

Some people need to learn how to take the W.

Last edited:

Never been checked.
I don't know how long you have been hunting waterfowl, but when the non-toxic shot issue first came into being the only thing on the market was steel shot. In those days the Wardens (EPO) in Ma**h***chusetts were issued magnets and if the magnet did not stick to the plastic portion of the shell it was no doubt lead shot. Latter Bismuth and tungsten shot came out. once that happen the magnets got tossed. Now you have to check the shells to see if they look to be reloads. Then the conversation can start.

I don't know how long you have been hunting waterfowl, but when the non-toxic shot issue first came into being the only thing on the market was steel shot. In those days the Wardens (EPO) in Ma**h***chusetts were issued magnets and if the magnet did not stick to the plastic portion of the shell it was no doubt lead shot. Latter Bismuth and tungsten shot came out. once that happen the magnets got tossed. Now you have to check the shells to see if they look to be reloads. Then the conversation can start.
I have hunted waterfowl in mass but mostly in NH, all private land. I have some expensive shells, that’s for sure….shit has gotten FANCY!!

I prefer lead.

I mostly hunt deer and turkey, sometimes off my back porch, but generally I ride my ATV right out of my back yard to wherever I’m going to hunt. Fish and game can roll through on some class 6 roads but they don’t stray from them as far as I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom