• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden admin takes aim at hunters in latest regulation: 'Preventing Americans from hunting' : no lead bullets

a solution in search of a problem
Yes it is and its stupid. But reading the article one will discover its only proposed on 8 federal pieces of land......its not a total ban.....which if course the headline leads you to believe it's biden proposing nation wide anti hunting regs.

I think this has more to do with high level federal employees pushing a project that will justify their existence in the federal workforce.

Last edited:
a solution in search of a problem
They've identified the problem - hunters and fishermen.
Yes it is and its stupid. But reading the article one will discover its only proposed on 8 federal pieces of land......its not a total ban.....which if course the headline leads you to believe it's biden proposing nation wide anti hunting regs.

I think this has more to do with high level federal employees pushing a project that will justify their existence in the federal workforce.

This is round 2 on this merry go round.

An Official Journal Of The NRA | Departing USFWS Director Dan Ashe Issues Lead Ammo Ban

The US Fish &Wildlife Service tried this before. Dan Ashe, the suckass MFer that was appointed by Obama, on his way out the door after Trump was elected, passed a rule banning all lead ammunition and fishing tackle on federal land, or at least what was under USF&WS control. Total dick move to screw over hunters and fishermen.

Fortunately, Trump's pick for Secretary of the Interior squashed that on his first day in the position. I don't see anyone reversing this position anytime soon.

I can totally understand it. I mean, you might hit Bambi with a bullet and it eventually dies of lead poisoning. Who in their right mind doesn't care about protecting Bambi??? I mean, if you don't care about them getting lead poisoning, next you'll be saying we should shoot them and eat them or something.

Insane!

A coworker the other day to the fun team-building question of "what would you do if you had infinite money" had an answer. "I would buy out all the gun manufacturers and change their tooling to make toasters or something. "

So... in like the spirit of informing us

Does this mean no more lead core's or no exposed lead? Or maybe tell us what the proposed solution is?

They've identified the problem - hunters and fishermen.

This is round 2 on this merry go round.

An Official Journal Of The NRA | Departing USFWS Director Dan Ashe Issues Lead Ammo Ban

The US Fish &Wildlife Service tried this before. Dan Ashe, the suckass MFer that was appointed by Obama, on his way out the door after Trump was elected, passed a rule banning all lead ammunition and fishing tackle on federal land, or at least what was under USF&WS control. Total dick move to screw over hunters and fishermen.

Fortunately, Trump's pick for Secretary of the Interior squashed that on his first day in the position. I don't see anyone reversing this position anytime soon.
Trump did alot for hunters on federal land when in office.

Steel bullets? Titanium bullets? What could go wrong?
Copper solids have been around for a while and are fine. Hell, some bullet companies.... that's all they make. Barnes comes to mind.

I think the prohibition is dumb. But it's not a ban on hunting as there are serviceable alternatives on the market.

The article claims the cost would make hunting cost prohibitive to some. I think that's also b*******. The extra couple of bucks that a box of copper bullets cost is not going to deter someone who's already financially committed to hunting those lands.

Again the prohibition is dumb, but this is right-wing sensationalization at its finest.

Copper solids have been around for a while and are fine. Hell, some bullet companies.... that's all they make. Barnes comes to mind.

I think the prohibition is dumb. But it's not a ban on hunting as there are serviceable alternatives on the market.

The article claims the cost would make hunting cost prohibitive to some. I think that's also b*******. The extra couple of bucks that a box of copper bullets cost is not going to deter someone who's already financially committed to hunting those lands.

Again the prohibition is dumb, but this is right-wing sensationalization at its finest.
Don't hunt do you ?

Don't hunt do you ?
F-ck yea I do. Archery, shotgun, muzzleloader, take your pick. Do you have something intelligent to offer the conversation or just silly questions? What is your problem with being truthful? Biden is a tool bag and plenty of bad policy is coming from him. We don't need to sensationalize and exaggerate. His policies are bad enough that we don't need to lie and say he's "Preventing Americans from hunting".

People who may be on the fence see this sensationalization crap and it turns them off - and we're going to need every vote. Articles like this are harmful to our cause.

Last edited:
So... in like the spirit of informing us

Does this mean no more lead core's or no exposed lead? Or maybe tell us what the proposed solution is?
No lead in the projectile at all.

When hunting waterfowl we already use steel, bismuth, or tungsten

As mentioned, companies are developing monolithic copper projectiles for rifles, etc.

MeatEater had a really good podcast on the topic recently. Can't find it, but this article talks about the same stuff

F-ck yea I do. Archery, shotgun, muzzleloader, take your pick. Do you have something intelligent to offer the conversation or just silly questions? What is your problem with being truthful? Biden is a tool bag and plenty of bad policy is coming from him. We don't need to sensationalize and exaggerate. His policies are bad enough that we don't need to lie and say he's "Preventing Americans from hunting".

People who may be on the fence see this sensationalization crap and it turns them off - and we're going to need every vote. Articles like this are harmful to our cause.
So you would be ok with using copper solids on say whitetail?
You are familiar with the concept of incrementalism aren't you ?

Last edited:
Barnes has options that are fine for WhiteTail. Here, let me help you:

They're not even that much more expensive. When you start looking at quality jacketed lead hunting ammo with bullets from Hornady, Nosler, etc., it's not cheap either. The price parody is negligible, if anything at all.

Is the regulation dumb? Absolutely. Is it a "Preventing Americans from hunting"? Absolutely not. If you want to debate the merits of the regulation - fine. I agree with you, it's dumb and ill-advised. But let's not lie about it with misinformation and sensationalization. That is not justifiable regardless of your comment on incrementalism.

Last edited:
You are familiar with the concept of incrementalism aren't you ?
Once again there are those that only care that they have theirs and the rest of us don't matter. They will sell the rest of us out in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom