• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thugs wake up early to spray parade with bullets.

8 people shot during Boston’s J’ouvert celebrations; Boston police arrest two​

I think Mayor Wu said is best. “The rest of the day is going to be a really wonderful celebration,” Wu said.

Here is a little history of such a wonderfull celebration.
A 33-year-old man was shot and killed in Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood in 2022, just a few blocks away from the site of the annual festival, CNN affiliate WCVB reported.

In 2021, a 17-year-old was fatally stabbed in the neck while attending the Caribbean Festival, according to a news release from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

In 2019, two men were accused of shooting at each other near police officers during the J’ouvert Parade, according to a statement from the Boston Police Department.

In 2015, the night before the Caribbean Carnival, five people were shot in three separate incidents, and one 27-year-old man died from his injuries, according to CNN affiliate WCVB.

Violence also broke out the previous year in 2014 when a 26-year-old was shot and killed while attending the parade at the carnival.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/26/us/boston-shooting-dorchester/index.html

If dupe then delete.

Back in the early 80's I worked across the street from that intersection in the two story brick building in the background that now houses a few businesses. It was an open air drug market, usually starting after noontime. The formerly named Franklin Hill Housing Project was directly behind the building and became a war zone at night every weekend. It seems that the old saying of, "As long as you are outta there by noontime, you will be OK" doesn't apply anymore!

8 people shot during Boston’s J’ouvert celebrations; Boston police arrest two​

I think Mayor Wu said is best. “The rest of the day is going to be a really wonderful celebration,” Wu said.

Here is a little history of such a wonderfull celebration.
A 33-year-old man was shot and killed in Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood in 2022, just a few blocks away from the site of the annual festival, CNN affiliate WCVB reported.

In 2021, a 17-year-old was fatally stabbed in the neck while attending the Caribbean Festival, according to a news release from the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office.

In 2019, two men were accused of shooting at each other near police officers during the J’ouvert Parade, according to a statement from the Boston Police Department.

In 2015, the night before the Caribbean Carnival, five people were shot in three separate incidents, and one 27-year-old man died from his injuries, according to CNN affiliate WCVB.

Violence also broke out the previous year in 2014 when a 26-year-old was shot and killed while attending the parade at the carnival.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/26/us/boston-shooting-dorchester/index.html

If dupe then delete.

Mentioning those realities is racist.

Just wait til Andrea and Maura move those folks into your neighborhood. Then every day and every place will be J’Ouvert.

My wife never wanted to go. It's not that we wouldn't go to that area because we do, just not during the Caribbean Festival.
Shit, I got back from England last night and they're having their annual Notting Hill Carnival. The only one bigger is Carnival in Rio.
None of my wife's cousins ever go, just like Boston it's nothing but trouble. Notting Hill Carnival 2023: The line-up and what you need to know

There was a shooting at the Caribbean festival in Worcester.

The troublemakers are a tiny minority. Why don’t they deal with the troublemakers and leave the event for the majority who aren’t?

Last edited:

The troublemakers are a tiny minority. Why don’t they deal with the troublemakers and leave the event for the majority who aren’t?
How? What do you expect them to do? Profile certain people and say "You look like trouble"

Not an easy thing to decipher who is a trouble maker and who isn't

Yeah - because some defense lawyer will get all uppity if you target them and then, um, aggressively arrest them. I'm not ADVOCATING it, but things sure seemed safer (seemed - I may be wrong) when the police didn't get charged if they forgot to give a perp a pedicure and a back massage during arrest.

Funny how many culturally diverse folks in Dorchester have Glock switches and extended mags that we can't own. 🤔

View attachment 790088

Geez. I've heard of keister carrying, but damn.

All of those are loaded. Well, 3 out of 5. Hmmmm. Maybe they picked up the wrong guys? I want the guy that has a gun in his waistband and only 3 rounds left, or locked back. Some guy with a GiggleGlock with 21 ads of ammo isn't likely the shooter.

Back
Top Bottom