• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Huge ammo shipment at SL Gun Shop in Mason, NH 3p.m. March 22, 2013

I've never bitched about prices of anything on this forum. But what is bitching about it going to do? Make the prices go down? Why are you so pissed about it? There are plenty of other gun shops that you can take your business to. Again, it's all about how you feel and having this compulsion to "just have to share your feelings" like the sensitive young man you probably are. No offense intended, really. Want to save money? Reload and get involved in one of the most fascinating aspects of shooting. Eddie Coyle (Jim F) can get you started. Think you can run a better gun shop than SL, well get the capitalization and start your own. That's the American way, after all.

AHHMM, I did not post that...[laugh2]

I'm not pissed about ammo pricing, i'm patiently waiting for prices to drop. I have plenty of ammo for my other calibers. I

'm bitching about all the people who say "gouging" doesn't exist, or has no meaning... It's completely ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
It's exactly the free market at work. Hysteria drives up demand for a product with a finite supply. In a free market, that means prices go...up.

In this case, the hysteria is based on the fact the government will pass ban(s) on ammo sales. The fact the threat of government regulation (and a possible outright ban) is the driving force behind the ammo shortage should make it clear to everyone that this is the very antithesis of how the free market functions.

You really think this just supply and demand?

They want to ban anmo sales or make it to expensive to shoot - this is part of the strategy. I can't believe people don't see this. What are you going to do when regulation drives the price of 5.56 to $20 a round? Re-loading? A ban of private people "manufacturing" ammo in their home, you really don't think the antis have thought of this?

I have a lot of ammo stashed away, but I don't think many if have lifetime supply. Even if you only shoot a couple of cases of ammo a year that still 20 thousand rounds over 10 years.

You really don't want to know how much ammo I have, But I will tell you this when I left that shithole and Moved to New Hampshire I loaded my 93 F250 diesel with all my ammo and reloading gear and the ride was as smooth as a Lincoln.

Good for you. Here in MA, 10k is the max anyways.

Here's the thing, more people getting into shooting is a good thing, right? The more people on our side the better chance we can block these laws and not have a civil war. The current ammo prices are preventing people from getting into shooting. The reason ammo is so expensive is because of the antis.

Cheap ammo is a good thing, $50/round and a ban on reloading, on the other hand,is every antis wet dream.

In this case, the hysteria is based on the fact the government will pass ban(s) on ammo sales. The fact the threat of government regulation (and a possible outright ban) is the driving force behind the ammo shortage should make it clear to everyone that this is the very antithesis of how the free market functions.

You really think this just supply and demand?

They want to ban anmo sales or make it to expensive to shoot - this is part of the strategy. I can't believe people don't see this. What are you going to do when regulation drives the price of 5.56 to $20 a round? Re-loading? A ban of private people "manufacturing" ammo in their home, you really don't think the antis have thought of this?

I have a lot of ammo stashed away, but I don't think many if have lifetime supply. Even if you only shoot a couple of cases of ammo a year that still 20 thousand rounds over 10 years.

Dude, you're missing the point.

Many things can fuel demand. Hysteria over potential govt regulation, gotta be the first one on my block (iPhone), my kid's gotta have it (Elmo shit at Christmas), upcoming storm (generators, etc). The source of the demand is irrelevant.

In a free market economy, high demand for an item of finite (or assume finite) supply drives the price up. In fact, it's designed to work that way, and has been that way since caveman days.

[thinking]

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. Here in MA, 10k is the max anyways.

Here's the thing, more people getting into shooting is a good thing, right? The more people on our side the better chance we can block these laws and not have a civil war. The current ammo prices are preventing people from getting into shooting. The reason ammo is so expensive is because of the antis.

Cheap ammo is a good thing, $50/round and a ban on reloading, on the other hand,is every antis wet dream.

Current ammo prices haven't done a thing to me besides turn a profit.

I was smart enough to stock up over the last year or so with the calibers I shoot. If people aren't doing that, they're retarded. The 10k limit is meaningless when you can go right to the fire department and get a permit. That number goes up to like 30k with a permit.

Are either or both of them limiting the number of boxes you can buy right now?

YES. They are doing the 2 box limit so I grabbed 2 at each. Now I'll head up again for a few days to stock up a little. At Shooters there seemed to be a good amount of 223/556.

Back
Top Bottom