HP Match this weekend in Hampden, ME

PatMcD

NES Member
Just thought I would send an invite to all the folks I saw at the last Scarboro Match to come on up to Hampden on Sunday and give the full course a try (88 rds at a full 600yds). Only two hours from Portland. Grab a buddy and car-pool up. They've got pits! :D
Of course, anybody from further away is welcome also!

A heads-up for September, too. The Maine State Service Rifle Championship is on Sept. 10. MANY prizes will be awarded and drawn off! You do not have to win the match or your class to win BIG prizes (like complete rifles!). EVERYBODY walks away with way more in prizes than they paid for entry fees. The next day (Sunday the 12th) will be the last Leg match in the state for this year. The more people that shoot, the more Leg points that will be awarded.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for the invite.

I can't make it this weekend got an IDPA match, but I am planning on shooting on Sept. 10th. My wife and I are driving up the night before & then we're going to pick a place to head for Saturday night & Sunday to celebrate our anniv.

Any pointers for someone who hasn't shot beyond 300 yards? I've only shot the matches at Scarborough up until now.(I was the on there with the kayak on the car) I also haven't shot at a range where they have pits yet. What do I need to know about that?

almost forgot: I've got a Bushy DCM, 1/2 min sights & I'm shooting BH 77gr.

Thanks for any input.

CD

cdkayak,

From 300 to 600 you will want to come up 12 minutes with 77 gr bullets. That sould get you at least in the 9 ring. You will have sighters for the 80 shot match so you should be alright.

Don't worry about the pits, someone will show you how in about 2 minutes, they are easy.

Depending on how far the drive is, Brent and I will probably make that match as well.

Derek

Now, just where's a good place to find out what matches are around regionally, New England and New York, let's say. I know I've got most of the equipment (2 guns at least that qualify), I just need a schedule. I'm going to have to try High Power sometime.

Nickle said:
Now, just where's a good place to find out what matches are around regionally, New England and New York, let's say. I know I've got most of the equipment (2 guns at least that qualify), I just need a schedule. I'm going to have to try High Power sometime.

www.nationalmatch.us usually have matches posted.

Thanks, I'll check it out and bookmark it. What exactly will I need, outside of the gun, ammo, personal protection and a spotting scope? I used to shoot Benchrest, and I know this will be different. I have a FedOrd M14A and an AR clone (heavy barrel).

I started a fresh thread on the subject of starting out.

Mag's and ammo I've got plenty of.

Jacket I'll likely get from Fred's, a shooting glove, well, I can find a source easy enough. Slings, I prefer the real Nylon (green) sling. I never got into the older leather ones.

derek said:
cdkayak,

From 300 to 600 you will want to come up 12 minutes with 77 gr bullets. That sould get you at least in the 9 ring. You will have sighters for the 80 shot match so you should be alright.

Don't worry about the pits, someone will show you how in about 2 minutes, they are easy.

Depending on how far the drive is, Brent and I will probably make that match as well.

Derek

Thanks for the info. I've been looking forward to shooting a full course match for a while & this is the first one I'll be able to make. Hopefully I'll see you up there.

CD

Back
Top Bottom