• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how to upgrade from class B LTC to class A LTC

thunderdog

NES Member
I have had a class B LTC for many years ... since 1999. I got this because I didn't understand the differences at the time. My permit expires soon and I want to upgrade to a class A LTC. I live in a red town so I would expect restrictions.
Do I have to start from scratch with the application process, or when I renew would the just upgrade the permit at my request?

TIA for any information

The renewal paperwork should have a space for the type of license your applying for. You should state on your renewal form and in person to the licensing officer your applying with that you want an Unrestricted Class A license.

Thanks for the reply, I guess that's how I'll go about it. Just don't really want get involved with that whole letter writing thing explaining why I want it.
The renewal paperwork should have a space for the type of license your applying for. You should state on your renewal form and in person to the licensing officer your applying with that you want an Unrestricted Class A license.

I know going from an FID to an LTC requires going through the process again, fingerprints etc...unsure of LTC-B to A

- - - Updated - - -

I can find out, but won't be for couple days, someone smarter will probably chime in before that time

If you've been a "good boy" on your LTC B, depending on the town and the position of the sun and if they're cranky from DST, they may issue an LTC A unrestricted.

Really, there's no way to know what the fruck they're going to do.

Every time I've renewed, the paperwork has always been the same as someone who never had a license before.
There is no short form for renewals, you always start from square one again.

Start a business or become LEO. Other than that, you will get an LTC A, but restricted.

Edit to add: this is from another thread happening now. This was from the PD to the NES member.

Not sure if we spoke about restrictions for LTC in Woburn?
You have to either be a business owner or law enforcement to get an “unrestricted” LTC, otherwise, can get Class A Ltc w/restrictions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom