How to get more people interested in your for sale posts !!!!!

Can't resist:

Classified Translator:

rare = probably not so rare, and something nobody cares about. or just simply ugly. people recognize real rare, so don't bother. and your special, unique serial number doesn't typically qualify as rare. also, something isn't rare just because everybody else on earth was too smart to touch it.

bump x 1 = normal, maybe your potential buyer was away for a couple weeks

bump x 2 = okay, maybe your potential buyer wasn't paying their internet bill and got shut off for a while

bump x 3+ = your potential buyer has died

safe queen = never liked it much, maybe some other sucker-er-buyer will take it

price drop = the original price was outrageous, maybe some buyer will step in for this slightly less outrageous price

updated = forgot to mention that the barrel is slightly warped. and the action is rusted shut.

list of features = not necessary. we're gun nuts-er-enthusiasts, no need to list 100's of features. we know the Colt 1911A1 comes with its very own grip safety and barrel "system"

minor blemish = scratch

minor scratch = gouge

minor gouge = missing stock

great truck gun = gun for sale was dragged by truck along rt 128

will sell separately = if you thought that the price was good, read the fine print. the price includes the box, manual, and frame. if you want the slide, barrel, and innards, that will really cost you!

package = comes with the gun, box, AND even the manual!

"check the prices on Gunbroker" = rip off

I don’t understand this, it’s no harder to buy a firearm in my state or one on the other side of the country. Gun Broker must really f*** with your head lol.

Except one transaction probably has to be shipped and may need to go through an FFL and the other might just be a simple FTF deal.

Can't resist:

Classified Translator:

rare = probably not so rare, and something nobody cares about. or just simply ugly. people recognize real rare, so don't bother. and your special, unique serial number doesn't typically qualify as rare. also, something isn't rare just because everybody else on earth was too smart to touch it.

bump x 1 = normal, maybe your potential buyer was away for a couple weeks

bump x 2 = okay, maybe your potential buyer wasn't paying their internet bill and got shut off for a while

bump x 3+ = your potential buyer has died

safe queen = never liked it much, maybe some other sucker-er-buyer will take it

price drop = the original price was outrageous, maybe some buyer will step in for this slightly less outrageous price

updated = forgot to mention that the barrel is slightly warped. and the action is rusted shut.

list of features = not necessary. we're gun nuts-er-enthusiasts, no need to list 100's of features. we know the Colt 1911A1 comes with its very own grip safety and barrel "system"

minor blemish = scratch

minor scratch = gouge

minor gouge = missing stock

great truck gun = gun for sale was dragged by truck along rt 128

will sell separately = if you thought that the price was good, read the fine print. the price includes the box, manual, and frame. if you want the slide, barrel, and innards, that will really cost you!

package = comes with the gun, box, AND even the manual!

"check the prices on Gunbroker" = rip off
Lol. Basically the longer the description, the less likely i am to be interested. I love the guys who replace every part of their Glock 19 and then try to sell it for $1300. Sorry, its still a Glock 19.

I love the guys who replace every part of their Glock 19 Ruger Mk III and then try to sell it for $1300 $1400.
Fixed It For Me. [shocked]

Somehow adding a ton of (useless) stuff,
running it hard during evening Bullseye,
and then asking MSRP for the gun,
seems a bit much.
But they can really hear me in Mamaroneck
when every component is added on at 10% above MSRP.

(I'd point to one of those ads -
I'm still gobsmacked from reading them -
but it wouldn't be Cricket).

Last edited:
Except one transaction probably has to be shipped and may need to go through an FFL and the other might just be a simple FTF deal.
Is going to your FFL a hassle? It’s how I buy nearly every gun. Sure FTF is easy if they are close to you but I’m not driving farther than my FFL and he’s pretty close.

Is going to your FFL a hassle? It’s how I buy nearly every gun. Sure FTF is easy if they are close to you but I’m not driving farther than my FFL and he’s pretty close.

No idea where you’re located but in MA most FFLs can’t or won’t transfer the good stuff.

Even easier- do not insult your potential customer base. Most of us here know a thing or two and can tell whether a horse for sale has a horn on its forehead or a d1ck.

Last edited:
YES! Dealer one, 3 miles away. "Have them send me a copy of their FFL. Then I'll send my copy to them." (Seller's dealer) - I need a copy of your dealer's license before I send a copy of mine." Finally might click. "Tracking says it's arrived". "We'll call you once we get around to entering it into our book." Finally - "OK, $50".

Dealer two, 10 miles away. "We don't accept transfers in from non-licensees. The gun could be stolen." (????). "OK, I'll mail a copy of my FFL to their dealer. What, they want it emailed? I'll have to wait until (better half) comes back in, next Tuesday. I'm kind of technically challenged". "We're closing at 3 today, closed tomorrow, and re-open Tuesday at noon." Finally clicks. $30.

Both: We've got your gun and it's logged in. You can come do the background check. "New Hampshire Gun Line": Give us the info. We'll get back to you when we feel like it." 9 days later...

Plus shipping to add on top of the transfer fee. Along with the hassle, just defeated the purpose of buying it online at a discount.

YES! Dealer one, 3 miles away. "Have them send me a copy of their FFL. Then I'll send my copy to them." (Seller's dealer) - I need a copy of your dealer's license before I send a copy of mine." Finally might click. "Tracking says it's arrived". "We'll call you once we get around to entering it into our book." Finally - "OK, $50".

Dealer two, 10 miles away. "We don't accept transfers in from non-licensees. The gun could be stolen." (????). "OK, I'll mail a copy of my FFL to their dealer. What, they want it emailed? I'll have to wait until (better half) comes back in, next Tuesday. I'm kind of technically challenged". "We're closing at 3 today, closed tomorrow, and re-open Tuesday at noon." Finally clicks. $30.

Both: We've got your gun and it's logged in. You can come do the background check. "New Hampshire Gun Line": Give us the info. We'll get back to you when we feel like it." 9 days later...

Plus shipping to add on top of the transfer fee. Along with the hassle, just defeated the purpose of buying it online at a discount.
My FFL just gives me his FFL and SOT, I send a copy to the seller.

This ^^ At least the state in the title. And don't put the text "pre-ban" anywhere - not in the title or the body of the ad. I just skip any ad that says pre-ban. It just means "costs too much".

Or it means they're just lying altogether. I've seen more than one call a pre-healy a pre-ban and charging pre-ban prices. I hope nobody got screwed on those!

Have you tried:

WTS: 9mm blabla bla (plus pics of my dog)

I bet if you include more pics of your dog in your ads you’d get more views.

I like the TPnes ads. Haven't seen one in a while. I'll often read them just for the humor. Humor or dog pics. Those are winners.

Lol. Basically the longer the description, the less likely i am to be interested. I love the guys who replace every part of their Glock 19 and then try to sell it for $1300. Sorry, its still a Glock 19.
Actually, it’s worse than a Glock 19 now because you went and messed with it. If you had just left it alone, I’d be interested in buying it for the standard elevated MA price. I can’t understand why someone thinks their gun is worth more after they’ve hacked up the grip doing their own amateur stippling...

Actually, it’s worse than a Glock 19 now because you went and messed with it. If you had just left it alone, I’d be interested in buying it for the standard elevated MA price. I can’t understand why someone thinks their gun is worth more after they’ve hacked up the grip doing their own amateur stippling...
Yeah you're right. Same deal with the Franken-AR's. Spend $25k customizing a Toyota Camry, its still a Camry.

Don't forget to have your feet in any pictures you post because cropping is so hard to do!
-all pics upside down/sideways with feet
-no one pic shows the entirety of the gun
-massive amounts of dog hair visible
-bad aesthetics (semi auto pistols shown with slide locked back, rifles with no mag inserted, revolvers with cylinder open)

it's been said before, the word "custom" has worn out it's welcome. you got a truly custom built one off from the ground up pistol or rifle i guess that's a custom build. now i could be wrong but stippling on a glock does not make it a custom pistol.

it's been said before, the word "custom" has worn out it's welcome. you got a truly custom built one off from the ground up pistol or rifle i guess that's a custom build. now i could be wrong but stippling on a glock does not make it a custom pistol.
In my mind, custom means from the factory specially made on request. Not a homebuilt conglomeration of parts

In my mind, custom means from the factory specially made on request. Not a homebuilt conglomeration of parts
I agree but I meant from a gunsmith. I myself own one truly custom pistol, built to my spec by an honest to god brand name smith of the day. means really nothing to anyone else unless they want one. cobbling an ar on the kitchen table is not custom.

... I can’t understand why someone thinks their gun is worth more after they’ve hacked up the grip doing their own amateur stippling...
ak-100.jpg

ak-100-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom