how the heck does one appendix carry?!

No point in wasting a perfectly good appendix.

I find little tiny guns can go in front without much trouble - Mustangs , J frames , etc. but I pretty much never carry a mouse gun anymore.

I appendix carry a ruger lcr with a remora holster, easily adjusted when driving. However, I would never appendix carry a full size handgun.

Thats because concealed means concealed. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't it have been easier to just remove it?

Have the surgeon sew in a zipper instead of sutures and you have a nice little concealable pocket there, even at the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appendix carry a J-frame and an SR9c with no problems. I'm 6'-0" 205 lbs. I find with appendix carry I am more comfortable because: 1. I print less, 2. Less chance of a bump frisk, 3. No chance of someone grabbing my gun from behind.
I've been experimenting appendix carrying my M&P full-size and that might be possible too.
-mike

I use Desbiens gun leather Appendix holster, workout, wear my pants a tad higher and a tad tighter than I normally would. It also will take a couple of weeks to get used to regardless. But it's awesome. I use it as a guide if I'm getting too fat.

Try small of back (aka SOB) carry. Most everyone I know carries that way.

Becarfull of that, i was told by a instructer of a good reason not to carry that way.

any time you have something like that on your spine and you fall on it, your looking at a high risk of screwing up your spine, since we live in newengland, the chance of this happening are not unforeseen

It happend to a officer when his belt got turned a bit and his radio was now at his back, he sliped and fell on it, and was in a world of hurt because of it,

Appendix carry requires flat stomach to not weigh down and press the gun(s) into your crotch or handles digging into your gut.

Either get in shape or carry a sub-compact.

I'm 6'7" and 250# in decent shape. I can carry 2x M&P 45 FS (left/right opposing) and be mostly comfortable except fir extended sits in car seats

My name is XXX and I iwb appendix carry.

5'10" about 160lbs - My carries are a G30sf or Walther P99c AS 9mm. Lately I have been carrying the G30sf full time as it prints a little more and this time of year it is easy to cover up. I use an Alessi Talon Plus for both of them. Simple to unclip and drop the holster and gun on the car seat. Impossible to draw with a seat belt on though.

Have not found a side holster that works for me yet. Would like to try 4-5 o'clock iwb but no money for buying holsters right now.

5' 11", 200lbs, G17K AIWB in a Keepers Concealment holster.

I've been told by many trainers that AIWB is a type of carry where holster fit is very individualistic - a person might go through several types of holsters before finding one that fits their body style comfortably.

I myself went through five before settling on the Keeper.

The Raven Concealment VG2 also works for me in certain circumstances.

Last edited:
I'm 5' 8" and about 190lbs (no fat), I carry appendix style with my Glock 36 and 30s using a CompTac Two O'clock holster.

During the summer months it's ONLY a Ruger LCP in the front pocket.

6'2" and 195#, started appendix carrying at 170 with a glock 17. Since then, I have gained 20# and switched to a G19. I try for 1-2 o'clock, seating my dale fricke archangel in my inguinal crease. YMMV, as always.

Last edited:
All I know is that IWB at 3 or 4 o'clock on my right hip aggravates the hell out of my sciatic nerve on my left side. It's downright awful after 6 hours.

Appendix carry causes no such pain, but feels weird.

I roll appendix with M&P9 full size with the cheepo holster I bought from Smith & Wesson website and an M&P Shield at 4 o'clock with a Crossbreed. Overkill? Whatevs.

6'3" 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I appendix carry a gen 4 glock 21 in a De Santis leather deep cover IWB holster. I'm a big dude. It rides under my gut and just low enough where when I sit it rarely bothers me.

6' 240lbs

I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I'm not a total fat-ass and the only way I've been able to comfortably carry regularly is a j-frame in my jeans pocket. No discomfort at all, just a little difficult to get at when you're driving.

Interestingly I notice a lot of guys carry a full size gun in the appendix. I can see where this would work fine as it will ride in front of your gut and actually push it back.

For any number of reasons I don't carry full size which I suspect would actually be part of problem.

The mini guns (P3at, PF9) will sit just a shade over my waist band and allow my gut to get over it. Then when I bend/sit there is no where for it to go. With a full size gun it never digs into a fold (or with you skinny, no kid owning, bastards) there is no fold for it to dig in to and just moves upward with your belt.

Either way.. I see what's happening here. Or if you're midnight and you could appendix carry a sawed off shotgun. Either way, for me, no-go and I am glad I figured out why (because I'm a fatty and run a small gun). I'll let you guys work out the pun.

I carried a S&W Model 60 in an IWB holster in the appendix position for many years in complete comfort. Along with the size/shape of the person you also have to consider the size of the pistol/revolver. I would not attempt to carry a gun much bigger than the Model 60 in this position.

If your only issue is when seated in your vehicle I recommend you unholster it and use the center console.....that's my routine.....then reholster when I'm getting out. I carry a DA only revolver btw

Back
Top Bottom