• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How the AR-15 Divided a Nation

dans

NES Member
Latest (summer 2023) of the BU alumni magazine (Bostonian) has an article called “How the AR-15 Divided a Nation”. I haven’t read it yet (got a cowboy steak on the BGE) but here’s a link

I did a quick scan and read. Nothing new at all. Same tired old tropes.
i read it thoroughly. it was a decent article. i find the comments here (not necessary yours, mr. dentist...i just quoted your post) are the "same tired tropes". but it's what i've come to expect. the gun issue is just a tool to get votes. i laugh at my sister. she's younger than me and lived in the house where i lived. it means she was brought up around guns during her teenage years. came to the range with me, watched me clean guns, listened to my safety speeches, etc. the point, it was no big deal, guns. she knew the difference between the criminal mind, raping, robbing and killing as opposed to the millions of others who owned, used and kept guns in their homes without doing harm to others with them. then she changed. she is now an anti gun republican. i have no clue as to her current way of thinking. i dunno.

It was the Thompson 100 years ago, the Winchester rifle 120 years ago, the colt before that, blah blah blah. Same sheep different day.
Nobody needs the firepower of a Spencer.

220px-Spencer_rifle_diagram.png

"How the Bunny-Hugging Liberal Elitist Moonbats Used the AR-15 as a Strawman to Divide a Nation for the Sake of Their Own Agenda".

Nah, too wordy.

AR-15s account for 59% of the 17 worst mass shootings in a decade? Screenshot_20230815-131832.png That pretty weak sauce for military-style weapons of war. And 17 is a pretty odd number to drawn a line at...

Cool, cool, cool.

Drunk drivers kill over 13,000 Americans yearly. F-150s are the most popular truck. We should ban F-150s to save people from drunk drivers.

Their logic, not mine.
Trucks, swimming pools, trampolines, booze, tobacco…

These things are all statistically more dangerous but only to US. The AR-15 poses a potential threat to THEM.

We outnumber them 320 million to one give or take, but we can’t really assault DC with swimming pools and Newports.

Eugene Stoner Was a genius, the poor guy must be rolling over in his grave.

Fortunately the idiots who are unable to tell us what an "Assault Weapon" actually is, have never heard of the guy.

If these leftest meatheads knew who he was they would blame HIM for dividing a nation. And even worse his surviving family and descendants would be treated like a pro-life justice.

1692125773290.png

Back
Top Bottom