How much extra are you willing to spend to do business with a local shop?

For little items (<$100) I usually don't care what my local guys are asking, I buy from them. If it's a bigger ticket item I will bring in the online price and see what they can do. If they meet me in the middle or better, I'll buy from them. To me I'd rather keep my money local and will pay an 'upcharge' to do so.

I haven't been able to buy anything except ammo in a while but I don't usually mind spending more at a Mom and Pop store. I've bought stuff at Four Season I knew I could get cheaper elsewhere but I really like everybody I've met there. Only time I'd really prefer online over buying locally is if the owner of the shop has ratted out gun owners in this state to the AG. I'll pay ANY price to keep from doing business with a rat.

I try to do everything I can with local businesses. I don't mind paying a little more to support a local business in my community.

Sights are definitely too pricey at retail shops. If I end up picking up something like an ACOG, I will definitely buy it online. My Nikon Monarch wasn't aweful, but still about 13% over the internet.

Any shop that bases it's business plan on "pay more so we will still be here to serve you" deserves to fail. Shops that base their products, services and prices on the basis of "we'll make it worth you while to come to us instead of the internet" deserve to grow and succeed.

Any shop that bases it's business plan on "pay more so we will still be here to serve you" deserves to fail. Shops that base their products, services and prices on the basis of "we'll make it worth you while to come to us instead of the internet" deserve to grow and succeed.

Well, that's why I spent the extra coin on the Nikon Monarch. They guy took a lot of time to go over the options, show me several, and then determine which was the best for me.

Back
Top Bottom