How many rounds do you usually shoot at the range?

I usually go with at least 500 rounds, and one friend. I tend to shoot fast, so if I don't bring a lot, I will run out quick.

it depends on what i'm doing....

pistol - i'll bring 50 to 150 rounds per trip. usually shoot less than half (50 to 75 rounds)

rifle - i'll usually bring 150 to 300 rounds per trip.

In the past I've tended to bring/buy and shoot 100-150 rounds per trip. Between the distance to the ranges (gas and time), cost for lane rental, cost for gun rental and cost for ammo, that was all I really could afford.

Since I now own my own firearm, and have just acquired a .22, and will soon be joining a club that is just a hop, skip and jump away, that'll probably be changing. I'm not sure if it'll be much more frequent smaller trips, or slightly more frequent bigger trips. Probably a combo of the two.

There is always the marathon trips I've done, though, like the nearly two full 550 bulk packs of .22 in an afternoon off my friends back porch. Not likely to happen up here, though...

I usually will bring the following amounts via type of Firearm.

My 1911's I usually bring about 100 rounds with me and shoot every last one.

My AR-15 I usually bring about 500 rounds and go through them pretty quickly.

My 9mm's and 22 I bring about 200 rounds with me.

I limit myself to bring 100 rounds (centerfire) for handguns (same for AR) and 50 rounds for my garand, for .22lr anywhere from 1 to 2 550 bulk packs, especially since between me and the f-word (fiancé) we own 3 firearms that shoot .22lr

150 per caliber of handgun (9 40 357sig) , a few hundred depending on "stock" of .223

always love going home with a box or two though

Last edited:
If you're worried about how much you are spending on ammo, you can bring less ammo and don't load your mags all the way.

If it's .22 I can blow through 500 no problem. 9mm I average about 100-150. I don't shoot my rifles all that often so that's usually whatever I feel like.

I generally bring 100-200 rounds of .40, and I've been bringing the same bulk pack of .22 for the last couple range trips (I estimate I probably shoot about 200-300 rounds of .22 on one trip).

I usually shoot 120 out of my G22 3rd gen, ( 12 mags 10 per mag)

22 I'll plink 100 rounds

and maybe another 50 in each gun I bring with me

If I bring a .40 or 9mm then 50 rounds if I bring the .22 pistol or .22 rifle then it more like 200-300 or so. If I brought more ammo then I would just shoot it all. The less I shoot each trip the more often I can go.

Depends on how many others are there - I like to shoot the sh!t as much as I shoot my guns :)

I would say between 50-250 rounds

Depends on how many others are there - I like to shoot the sh!t as much as I shoot my guns :)

I've had those days. Shoot 10 rounds, chat for 45 minutes, shoot 10 more, chat for another 1/2 hour, Shoot a few out of that cool gun the guy next to you has... Some days I'll have been at the range for 2 1/2 hours and shot less than 50 rounds. Other days there'll be nobody else there, and I'll run out of ammo within a half hour or so.

I usually go through 500 rounds of .22LR, and if I brought the centerfire rifles then about 100 rounds of .30 carbine and 50 rounds of 30-06.

Pistols, we usually use about 200 rounds of 9mm, and 100 rounds of .45.

We would shoot triple that easily, but it is too expensive.

If I'm shooting rifles shotguns handguns or some combination of the above,I usually shoot about 100 rounds. If I'm also shooting full autos that day,I bring more.I try to shoot twice a week and more if I don't need to be at work.

My usual routine is 50 rounds of .22 and 15 rounds of 9mm. But I go a few times a week.

Every couple of months my buddy and I blow out 20 rounds of 12ga, 100 rounds of 9mm and whatever rifle's he brings.

Not a lot of volume - but definitely a quality shooter vs. quantity. Who can afford to quantity shoot anyway?

Back
Top Bottom