• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many rounds do you usually shoot at the range?

For my Glock I shoot 1 mag full of .40, then switch out the barrel and shoot about 100 rnds of 9mm.

100 rnds for my 10/22 and P22, and usually only shoot 50 or so.

10-20 rnds of 30-06 for my Remi 700 if I feel like working out my shoulder.

Hopefully .223 will be cheaper by the time I have an AR. I anticipate shooting a couple hundred rnds per trip.

200-300 .45
100-200 .22
100 .357 mag

30 .308 match
30 .243 match
Sometimes a lot more rifle ammo if I am doing load development which I always seem to be. I shoot rifle every week and bring at least 1 pistol. I however don't always have time left to shoot it.

Wow, I thought I was bad at 200 rounds (of 22!) when I get the chance to go out. Anyhow, I usually do an hour, maybe hour and a half, and get 100 (single shot rifle) or 200 (5 shot revolver). Around that time, my fingers are cold and my wallet is grimacing.

Wow, some of these numbers are mind numbing 2000-4000 rounds in a single shooting session (and not 22 LR). I wish I had your guys jobs/money - even if you reload that is an incredible amount of cash at one time.

I went yesterday and shot:
20 45 ACP in my Kimber team match (sighting in with Doctor Optic)
60 45 ACP in my S&W 625
40 40 S&W from my XDM - was chronographing new loads
10 38+P from the S&W 340 PD - anyone who owns one of these little J frames understands why only 10!
I also shot a mag or 2 from a buddies Luger and Colt Mustang

I would say it was a little light for a trip as I spent nearly half the time setting up the Chrono, and getting data for the 40S&W.

I wish I had your guys jobs/money - even if you reload that is an incredible amount of cash at one time.
Reload your own cast boolits and you can shoot very cheap:) Thats the only way I can afford it. .45 brass last quite a long time. I bring my bucket of ammo and tarp and can shoot pins all afternoon for cheap.

One Folger's coffee can of 45 acp. for the plate range , about 175.
2 - 4 30 round mags for the Ar-15 ( don't always use it. )

300 to 500 22LR for the Ruger Family.

And for dessert , whatever I am in the mood for - 44mag/380/7.62v39 ... varies.

Usually 150 rounds of .40 and 150 rounds of 9mm. I tended to shoot more per session but the extra 100 rounds or so less don't seem to have effected my skills any and it keeps costs down some.

My round count varies with who is with me and what I bring to the range for firearms.

Typical range trip when my wife is with me consist of some 500 rounds or more of .22lr.

Typical range trip by myself or with others my round count drops to around 25-75 rounds of rifle and pistol combined.

Generally at the range I am function checking our rifles before sales. Usually 15 - 20 rifles at 15 rounds each. This can happen two to three times weekly.

When I shoot my rifles I usually go through around 150 rounds of 223 and 100 or so 22. If it's the 9mm rifle system generally around 150 rounds.

Shotguns I don't bother counting, last time there were five of us and we went through 3 cases of clay.

Wow, some of these numbers are mind numbing 2000-4000 rounds in a single shooting session (and not 22 LR). I wish I had your guys jobs/money - even if you reload that is an incredible amount of cash at one time.

I went yesterday and shot:
20 45 ACP in my Kimber team match (sighting in with Doctor Optic)
60 45 ACP in my S&W 625
40 40 S&W from my XDM - was chronographing new loads
10 38+P from the S&W 340 PD - anyone who owns one of these little J frames understands why only 10!
I also shot a mag or 2 from a buddies Luger and Colt Mustang

I would say it was a little light for a trip as I spent nearly half the time setting up the Chrono, and getting data for the 40S&W.

No Chrono in my bag, but normally shoot 150-250 rds. per trip....in each caliber. Want to make sure I know the piece, where it shoots, how it handles, how it feels, etc. etc. Grin, yes I'm saving the once-fired cases and storing them away. [wink]

More then I should? usually around 100 through the AR and 10 through the .270 I just got the Garand so I'll be putting 24-32 through that from now on and I just got my pistols but haven't shot them yet. Somewhere between 100-200 probably but only because I can't afford more.

I typically shoot 100 through each gun I bring...it's hard to keep up with that many, but I just started reloading so I'm all about it :)

Depends but, I could easily shoot 100-200 rounds 9mm and another 500 .22lr. With me and one other shooter. The hard part is deciding which guns to bring.

Back
Top Bottom