How many guns do you take to the range?

I only own an Olympic Arms AR and a Remington R51. They never work, so I don't need to go to the range. I'm saving my pennies for either a Taurus curve or a Hipoint, so I might get a few boxes of .380, which will last me through 2021.

If you enjoy cleaning guns you haven't cleaned enough guns. I laugh when people tell me they clean their guns every time they use them. I used to do that. Probably did it for 10 years, then realized how much of a
waste of time it is. Especially when talking guns not used as lifesaving devices.

-Mike

This. I used to do the same. If you are not shooting because you don’t like cleaning, then you are cleaning too much. It is liberating once you realize that you are over-cleaning and that you’re wasting a lot of time.

If you enjoy cleaning guns you haven't cleaned enough guns. I laugh when people tell me they clean their guns every time they use them. I used to do that. Probably did it for 10 years, then realized how much of a
waste of time it is. Especially when talking guns not used as lifesaving devices.

-Mike

I spent years being forced to clean weapons almost constantly. Always just M16/M4, whether they needed it or not.

Now I’m doing it on my own time, with my own guns, and that makes ALL the difference. It’s not the actual cleaning part I like so much as the assembly and disassembly, admiring the art that goes into these things.

But then, I own nothing made of polymer. So there IS some art.

The other thing is I’m not able to get to the range too often. So the cleaning I do after I shoot might be the only maintenance all year.

I always make it a point to clean my bolt and bolt carrier group every time I shoot my direct impingement ARs. I cant stand scraping crud off the interior ring of the bcg if I let it go too long. Pistols, shotguns and other rifles I clean 3 or 5 times a year depending on how much I shoot them. Hunting guns get oiled and a quick once over weekly throughout their respective seasons.

I always make it a point to clean my bolt and bolt carrier group every time I shoot my direct impingement ARs. I cant stand scraping crud off the interior ring of the bcg if I let it go too long.
Get a B.O.N.E Tool?
Bone_Directions2__69657.1508784348.jpg

I got mine at Cabela's/Hudson-Berlin.
Haven't accreted any carbon yet, myself.
But it's a beefy frob to scrape with.

I was also just thinking, I don’t get to the range a lot. it can be weeks, sometimes a couple months between shooting so I like to keep clean between range days.

Usually 1-2 and occasionally 3. Rare if I bring more unless I’m going with friends.

Get a B.O.N.E Tool?
Bone_Directions2__69657.1508784348.jpg

I got mine at Cabela's/Hudson-Berlin.
Haven't accreted any carbon yet, myself.
But it's a beefy frob to scrape with.
I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago. Haven’t had a chance to try it out as my AR isn’t very dirty.

It's hard enough to find time to sneak off to the range.
the only enjoyable part of retirement, really. sometimes I go every morning for a couple of hours. i'm accumulating a ton of stuff that needs what you call "cleaning."

As many as needed to have fun and break in and zero at least two rifles. Sometimes three, sometimes six, along with fifty loaded, full capacity magazines and two full extra ammo cans.

Usually no reloading while at the range.

Yeah, that would be hardcore.

During the class he gave one of the really big names in the sport use to tell of how when he was young his grandfather would take him to the range in a motorhome that had a press bolted on the outside. He'd shoot, Gramps would make more ammo.

During the class he gave one of the really big names in the sport use to tell of how when he was young his grandfather would take him to the range in a motorhome that had a press bolted on the outside. He'd shoot, Gramps would make more ammo.
Hardcore Gramps be Hardcore.
Hilarious! I'd like to see the guy run, or even walk, while packing all that heat!
5ufQOP1.jpg

P. S. Note #12 encompasses both Kevlar and titanium armoring under discussion in the Took one to the chest thread.

Back
Top Bottom