How many guns do you take to the range?

3-5, usually I pick according to caliber so I don't need a lot of different ammo types.
Always a .22lr, and then usually 9mm's or .45acp for handguns.
.22lr and .223 for long guns.

I depends on how I feel that day and how much time I have. no less than 3 handguns. as far as cleaning...what the hell is that?

I was just about to reply as you did regarding cleaning. When I first got into shooting, I would clean everything whether I put 5 or 500 rounds thru it and also kept a log of how many and what type of rounds I shot.

Fast forward 35 years or so and my tolerance for having a dirty firearm has gone way up at least partly because of some physical limitations actually affecting my ability to do a thorough cleaning (severe arthritis), and there will always be several uncleaned firearms in my safe. I do try to keep the more valuable ones cleaned though, Glocks not so much!

One or two guns and a decent amount of ammo.
Then switch it up and take two different ones to the range next time.

Part of it is do to being able to carry them all and then being responsible for only a couple of them while shooting.

As others have stated it all depends on how much time I'm spending there and what I'm in the mood to shoot. Sometimes it's just milsurps, other times just ARs, or commieguns. There are times when I just bring my 10/22 and plink away. Long guns: usually 2 or 3, hand guns: 4-5. I load up a bunch of mags each time and shoot until I'm out. I'm not a big fan of bringing boxed ammo and spending range time loading mags. Just wish I had the time to go more often...

I used to bring them all. That was unproductive.

Now I try to have a focus for the day. I typically bring two rifles and a pistol(usually the one on my hip)

My range(HSC) is an hour+ away, so I usually stay 3-6 hours.

Unless I am hosting a “tourist” day. Then we bring every gun ever made and let the new shooter play.

3 - 5, a mix of handguns and long guns depending on the range. Always have my ccw as well. I will run a boresnake through each, and totally strip/clean after several range trips, or if I don't think I'll shoot a gun for a long time.

Typically 4....a couple rifles and a couple handguns...one of the 4 is a 22lr for plinking.

Generally 2, but no more than 3. When shooting pistols, always my 9mm and either my .380 or my .22. When I’m shooting shotguns, always my 12 and 20 gauge guns.

Typically 2-3. Have no problem bringing more though as I enjoy cleaning them and it gives me something to do during the week while the misses watches mindless tv.

Always my main carry. It’s usually on me anyways so I’ll run a minimum of 2-3 mags through practicing various drills and reloads. Then I’ll usually bring 1-2 long guns depending on what I’m feeling but typically 1 semi and 1 bolt gun.

I only bring a few
massive-gun-wall-room.jpg

Back
Top Bottom