How many guns can you CCW in MA?

tenor.gif

To be precise, you may carry as many guns as you want to in MA. The laws, and case history (AFAIK), are silent on any maximum, therefore there is no maximum.
How many guns you can carry is dependent upon many factors; how many you have, holsters, clothing, body type, fitness level, etc.

The law is silent on the topic. No one can point you to any citation. At best you'll get case law, thus the reference to Simkin. (Thanks @swatgig and @Knuckle Dragger)
In America (and MA is still America) we operate on a theory of negative rights: unless the law says otherwise, you can do what you want.
You could even open carry them all, and you'd new legal. You know, if you wanted to be seen as that kind of guy.

Reading the decision, it seems that Jason Guida is a real piece of work for going after the gun owner after Stoneham cried to the FRB

Isn't that the same Attorney Jason Guida now in private practice that people are saying to use for firearm related legal problems and the same guy that got a whole 6% of the vote when he tried to get his snout back in the public trough running for State Rep as an "independent"?

How many are you able to is the question? The bigger question is why do you want to? One should be enough. Are you planning on getting into a Boondocks Saints style shootout?

Jason Guida went after me when he was at FRB and almost destroyed my life over something that could have been resolved by a phone call.

How many are you able to is the question? The bigger question is why do you want to? One should be enough. Are you planning on getting into a Boondocks Saints style shootout?

Pertaining to going to the range. I have been using a lockbox for the other 2 guns I practice. It's easier to carry weak, strong and shoulder. Peace, man.

Jason Guida is a real piece of work for going after the gun owner after Stoneham cried to the FRB
No attorney decides who to "go after". An attorney does his master's bidding.

The fact that Jason GTFO of FRB and is now using his knowledge against them says it all, in my opinion.

Two ankle so they balance your walk. Double shoulder 1911 rig. Two IWB. Mexican carry (if you dare), and one small of your back.

. .let me count the ways...
1 on each ankle = 2 ...plus..
4 on the waist (strong side, weak side, small of back and thunderwear) = now you’re up 6...plus...
2 on thigh tactical holsters, cuz..= now you’re up to 8 ...plus...
2 shoulder rigs = now you’re up to 10...plus...
one under your hat = now you’re up to 11 plus (and for the coup de grace)...
1 hanging from a big gold chain around your neck ghetto style for a total of 12...
yes 12, that is how many...

. .let me count the ways...
1 on each ankle = 2 ...plus..
4 on the waist (strong side, weak side, small of back and thunderwear) = now you’re up 6...plus...
2 on thigh tactical holsters, cuz..= now you’re up to 8 ...plus...
2 shoulder rigs = now you’re up to 10...plus...
one under your hat = now you’re up to 11 plus (and for the coup de grace)...
1 hanging from a big gold chain around your neck ghetto style for a total of 12...
yes 12, that is how many...
Ok . Now do long guns. [devil]

Back in the day I had a Raven .25 I carried in my back pocket in addition to what was on my side, and sometimes I would have a Model 36 in an ankle holster in addition to the Glock 17 on my strong side.

For anyone not familiar with Mr. Simkin, see FIREARMS RECORDS BUREAU v. SIMKIN, 466 Mass. 168 (2013) FIREARMS RECORDS BUREAU vs. SIMKIN, 466 Mass. 168

"On November 6, 2009, Simkin traveled to Stoneham for a medical appointment. . . . Prior to disrobing in the examination room, Simkin informed the medical assistant that he was armed and proceeded to secure his weapons (two firearms, ammunition, and four knives) in a locked briefcase for the duration of the examination. Employees of the medical office were "alarmed" and "concerned for their safety" based on Simkin's conduct, and one of the employees contacted Stoneham police much later that day to report their concerns.
[W]e suspect that the average Massachusetts resident may become "alarmed" on learning that someone other than a law enforcement officer is carrying concealed weapons in his or her presence. However, Simkin is not responsible for alarm caused to others by his mere carrying of concealed weapons pursuant to a license permitting him to do exactly that."

from within the above cited case:

McKinnon reported the incident to the bureau. By letter dated November 13, 2009, bureau director Jason A. Guida informed Simkin that his license was thereby revoked because, on the basis of the information provided to him by McKinnon and the manager of the medical office regarding the incident on November 6, Guida determined that Simkin was no longer a

"suitable person" to possess a firearm in Massachusetts. [Note 5] Specifically, Guida made this determination on the basis that (1) Simkin's visit to the medical office while "heavily armed" fell outside the "business activity" of buying and selling firearms that Simkin indicated on his license application as the reason he sought the license; (2) Simkin caused "fear and alarm" at the medical office; and (3) Simkin used a false name in order to conceal his identity.

and yet people on this board have said Attorney Jason Guida is pro gun, on our side and a good person. As far as I'm concerned Guida is an anti gun leader.

Back
Top Bottom