How many guns can you CCW in MA?

He might be referring to that idiocy in other states where you get a license and attach a gun to that license. Isn't NY like that, or something?

I would say 3 is my limit before my pants end up around my ankles or I have to walk like I've been riding a horse all day. 1 gun strong side, 1 gun weak side, one gun on my ankle

He might be referring to that idiocy in other states where you get a license and attach a gun to that license. Isn't NY like that, or something?
NJ, I believe.

OP, if that's what you are asking about, the answer is as many as you want. If that's not what you're asking, the answer is still as many as you want.

My personal best is three because I didn't feel like bringing a pistol case to the range so I just carried all three guns I wanted to shoot. If out and about running errands and such, then my best is just two.

No problem, legally speaking. Comfort is another matter. Have fun.

Thanks. I like to carry on weak and strong side plus I have a shoulder holster. I do have 3 legal handguns. If anyone has link to the written MA law on this, please send. If not, thanks everyone for the information.

Well up to 3, when going to the range.

Up to 3 when going to the range.
Personally I would carry one on my person and 2 in the range bag. If I am going out, it would be 2, Primary and backup. That's me but what do I know.

No limit. Just as Mr. Simkin.
For anyone not familiar with Mr. Simkin, see FIREARMS RECORDS BUREAU v. SIMKIN, 466 Mass. 168 (2013) FIREARMS RECORDS BUREAU vs. SIMKIN, 466 Mass. 168

"On November 6, 2009, Simkin traveled to Stoneham for a medical appointment. . . . Prior to disrobing in the examination room, Simkin informed the medical assistant that he was armed and proceeded to secure his weapons (two firearms, ammunition, and four knives) in a locked briefcase for the duration of the examination. Employees of the medical office were "alarmed" and "concerned for their safety" based on Simkin's conduct, and one of the employees contacted Stoneham police much later that day to report their concerns.
[W]e suspect that the average Massachusetts resident may become "alarmed" on learning that someone other than a law enforcement officer is carrying concealed weapons in his or her presence. However, Simkin is not responsible for alarm caused to others by his mere carrying of concealed weapons pursuant to a license permitting him to do exactly that."

Thanks. I like to carry on weak and strong side plus I have a shoulder holster. I do have 3 legal handguns. If anyone has link to the written MA law on this, please send. If not, thanks everyone for the information.
The law is silent on the topic. No one can point you to any citation. At best you'll get case law, thus the reference to Simkin. (Thanks @swatgig and @Knuckle Dragger)
In America (and MA is still America) we operate on a theory of negative rights: unless the law says otherwise, you can do what you want.
You could even open carry them all, and you'd be legal. You know, if you wanted to be seen as that kind of guy.

Last edited:
Laws do not permit actions, they prohibit actions. Similarly, you won't find a law permitting the carrying of purple guns.

Not sure nowadays but decades ago in NY when you bought a new handgun you had to bring it to the police station and they typed the serial# onto your permit. You could probably still carry as many as you wanted.

View: https://youtu.be/75sWALt2IzI

This many captain active shooter

Underachiever [laugh]

One time at roll call, back in reform school, they lined us up and asked us all to cough up any weapons. They collected more knives and brass knuckles than there were students. They gave them all back at the end of the day, but it was amusing.

Learn from Travis Bickle, maybe he can hook you up with Easy Andy. What was Travis' maximum, 4, maybe 5 counting the S&W Mod 61?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom