• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many guns can you CCW in MA?

2 ankles... 2 concealed thigh high garters.... thunder wear gun...ass carry.

Cargo pockets 1 each.... 1 on each hip. Belly band... 2 shoulder rigs.... lower back

2 that shoot out from your wrists.

I'm thinking 14 comfortably

Edit i forgot your 2 front pockets and back pockets 18

I sometimes carry two G43s, one in each front pocket. Once a Rutland cop pulled me over for a headlight out. Did the license and registration thing. Also handed over my LTC.

Brewer: "By the way, I have a state-issued LTC and have it on me."
Cop: "Oh? And where is it?"
Brewer: "My front pocket."
Cop: "Which one?"
Brewer: "Both. Dual carry."
Cop: [2-second pause, then nodding approval] "Nice."

If that was one of you, thanks for being a cool cop.
Cool cops are cool

2 ankles... 2 concealed thigh high garters.... thunder wear gun...ass carry.

Cargo pockets 1 each.... 1 on each hip. Belly band... 2 shoulder rigs.... lower back

2 that shoot out from your wrists.

I'm thinking 14 comfortably

Edit i forgot your 2 front pockets and back pockets 18
Your plan takes away from machete carry. You need a happy balance

To be precise, you may carry as many guns as you want to in MA. The laws, and case history (AFAIK), are silent on any maximum, therefore there is no maximum.
How many guns you can carry is dependent upon many factors; how many you have, holsters, clothing, body type, fitness level, etc.

There is the third leg. "How many Society thinks you can legally carry ". While legally, MA does not have restrictions on the number like say, NY, or other states where you have to have the single CC weapon listed on you license.

In those states the assumption is that only one is needed. You have to ask permission to swap if that one breaks, or if you get bored, or if it is stolen.

I would say that the MA DAs most likely think that one is a perfectly maximum number, and would look down their snoots at you if pulled over or trespasses in a mall with more than one.

Don't forget about Keister Carry. I've heard we are gonna have to get used to it soon.

He might be referring to that idiocy in other states where you get a license and attach a gun to that license. Isn't NY like that, or something?
NY (upstate as well as the city) has actual handgun registration, with all handguns serial numbers listed on your permit. Unless you are a licensed dealer, you cannot possess handguns not listed on your permit, lest your papers be found to be out of order. That means no taking possession of your buddy's pistol if he has an MI on the range and leaves ni an ambulance. I expect NYC extends that requirement to long guns as well.

NY (upstate as well as the city) has actual handgun registration, with all handguns serial numbers listed on your permit. Unless you are a licensed dealer, you cannot possess handguns not listed on your permit, lest your papers be found to be out of order. That means no taking possession of your buddy's pistol if he has an MI on the range and leaves ni an ambulance. I expect NYC extends that requirement to long guns as well.
I was thinking about a job offer in CA last year... looked into the Carry laws... you have a specific firearm listed on your LTC... so CA is even worse the MA...

Back
Top Bottom