How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Reading, MA is abysmal.

9/9/16 Renewal Application Submitted
11/1/16 Finally contacted TO SCHEDULE Appointment/Interview
1/31/17 SCHEDULED INTERVIEW, 3 months out!?!?!?!?!
??/??/17 I have no clue when this will be over.

I guess since the 2014 law change they patently don't GAF. Their website says they only do these on Tuesday, and only have 7 interview slots per week?!?! Reading COP, how is this a get-well plan on backlog????

Have you contacted GOAL about that long of a delay?

Reading, MA is abysmal.

??/??/17 I have no clue when this will be over.

I guess since the 2014 law change they patently don't GAF. Their website says they only do these on Tuesday, and only have 7 interview slots per week?!?! Reading COP, how is this a get-well plan on backlog????
WHEN THE **** ARE THESE *******S GOING TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE 45 DAYS!!!!? Yes, I yelled. IDGAF

Reading, MA is abysmal.

??/??/[STRIKE=17]17 [/STRIKE] 18 I have no clue when this will be over.

FIFY

I just don't wanna piss them off to the point where they delay any longer ....but if we only had x number of days to respond to a request from them I am sure we would be penalized for ignoring their requests

Wilmington , Ma first time app

8/2/16 - application submitted
8/16/16- fee paid photo and fingerprints done
10/11/16- pending review by the LO

hoping it moves along soon , the first 50 days were a breeze,
getting tougher and tougher to try and not think about it now!

update:

11/3/16 - approved and issued and should be at local pd , waiting on a phone call.....

That's exactly how I'm feeling but when I called the records department the lady told me they take 3 months in Agawam. My sister is dropping hers of in westfield on Thursday 10Nov so I will be curious to see how long hers takes to come in

That's exactly how I'm feeling but when I called the records department the lady told me they take 3 months in Agawam. My sister is dropping hers of in westfield on Thursday 10Nov so I will be curious to see how long hers takes to come in

If killary wins and new applicants flood the FRB with apps due to gun ban fears, it's gonna be 2018 before she see's anything. [shocked]

Last edited:
I applied about a month ago. Called in for a status update today and they said that they are still waiting on my background check from my local LEO and that the FRB hasn't received anything for me yet.

Granted, I realize this process takes closer to two months, but I was hopeful after reading some people in the past have had 6 week turnarounds.

Could I start a C&R application at this point? That way I don't have to wait an extra 1-3 months from when the LTC comes in.

C&R will take you 2 weeks from end to end. Worst case, a whole month to get your FFL03.

Not sure if it's a good idea to get your C&R before your LTC. Since it require notification to your CoP that you're applying, they might notice you don't have a LTC and block it. Then you'll have to answer you were denied a FFL the next time you apply and every time after. Someone else more knowledgeable will come by and provide better info soon enough.

Boston renewal took 11 1/2 weeks from interview at head quarters to recieving it in the mail. The interviewing officer was very friendly and down to earth. The officers at the range (Moon Island Test) were also very friendly and appeared to be like minded.

New LTC Met with LO on 10/7
PD approved 10/24
now it is sitting in the "approved waiting activation" bucket lady I spoke with said it can take 2 to 3 weeks. it has gone past that :(
Strange as my wife applied the same time and has hers as of a week ago.

Does anyone know what the approved waiting for activation mean?

New LTC Met with LO on 10/7
PD approved 10/24
now it is sitting in the "approved waiting activation" bucket lady I spoke with said it can take 2 to 3 weeks. it has gone past that :(
Strange as my wife applied the same time and has hers as of a week ago.

Does anyone know what the approved waiting for activation mean?

What town? Sounds specific to your town (aka bullshit).

Sorry, activation is done at the PD, NOT FRB.

There is a thread I posted in my sub-forum, vetted by FRB Director as to the step-by-step process for LTC/FIDs.

Finally Finally Finally the little town of Mendon 102 days

Applied Aug 7th
Read everyones post on how long it took them to get theirs
Waited some more
Called FRB
3 Weeks later still waited
Called FRB finally Aproved 11/08
Waited some more
Damn Black Friday is coming
Picked up today
NO RESTRICTIONS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The big town of Tolland. As I already stated the wife's permit is already done. Mine was not in the batch they sent to the Chief. The hang up either printing or something is being slow in Boston. Called Friday and spoke to the FLRB lady said she had it up on her screen and would take care of it. We will see.

The big town of Tolland. As I already stated the wife's permit is already done. Mine was not in the batch they sent to the Chief. The hang up either printing or something is being slow in Boston. Called Friday and spoke to the FLRB lady said she had it up on her screen and would take care of it. We will see.

Nothing goes to Boston. The FRB is in Chelsea. If you called the fine folks at the FRB and she has an approved LTC application, they'll print it and mail it to your LO. Then it's up to them to notify you to pick it up, or mail it to your residence. In the past, the FRB has been bogged down with applications - but from what I've seen in this thread, and the status they post on their website, they're not the slow down.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/dcjis/

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time
As of November 14, the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between October 24 and November 13, 2016.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time As of November 14, the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between October 24 and November 13, 2016.

[h=2]*****Warning*****[/h]Telephone Call Scam
The DCJIS has received several reports of individuals receiving telephone calls from people claiming to be representatives of the DCJIS. The number which appears in the Caller ID is one of the DCJIS' telephone numbers. These "agents" usually tell the victim that there are several outstanding warrants for his or her arrest and that, for a fee paid immediately via credit card or bank account, they will take care of these warrants.
The DCJIS will never contact you about an outstanding warrant or other legal matter unless you have contacted the DCJIS first. In addition, DCJIS telephone numbers are suppressed on outgoing calls, so they will never appear in Caller ID. If you receive a call about an arrest warrant from an individual claiming to be a DCJIS employee or agent, DO NOT provide the caller with any personal information or any bank/credit card information................ I just copied this off of their website

Quincy
Applied 8/22
Issue Date on LTC 9/20
Called 10/6 to pickup

I had no time to make it in that week so they actually called me a second time the following week to remind me which i thought was funny.

Overall very easy process. I wrote a paragraph for reasons to apply and the lady i met with wrote "ALP" [laugh]

Tip for Quincy: i think the posted hours are like 830-4. get there before 3. [rolleyes]

Lexington, MA

09/23/2016 - Dropped off application, letter, two reference letters, class certificate, and check. Made appointment to get processed.
09/27/2016 - Got finger printed, processed, and supposedly all info sent in for background checks
10/18/2016 - Call from Lieutenant for interview over the phone. Said I was good and should see in mail 2-4 weeks
11/22/2016 - I called the Firearms Records Bureau at (617)660-4722 and they said it was mailed to my police department on 11/04/2016
11/30/2016 - I called my Lieutenant and he said I should get it any day now. Supposedly there’s a meandering intra-town department mail path.
12/01/2016 - LTC with no restrictions received.

Felt like it took a while but in the end just over two months (70 days). Everybody I dealt with was friendly.

Somerville, MA

I received my LTC in the mail a couple days ago. Didn't keep track of exact dates but here's a rough estimate:

~10/1/2016 - Called local PD, got an interview for ~two weeks out.
~10/11/2016 - Interviewed + Printed
~11/11/2016 - Called FRB, was told that they hadn't received my info from local PD yet.
~11/28/2016 - Called FRB, was told that I had been approved and that it had been sent back to local PD.
~11/30/2016 - Received LTC with Target & Hunting/Sporting restriction in the mail. Issue date was 11/14/2016.

Attleboro, MA just took about eight and a half weeks

October 7th - Dropped off application, got appointment date of 10/25
October 25th - Appointment for interview (barely), photo, and fingerprinting. Given estimate of 4-6 weeks
November 15th (approx) - Called APD for update. Was told background check just came back. Should be a couple more weeks.
November 29th (approx) - Called APD for update. LTC was approved, just waiting for package to come in with license and paperwork.
December 5th - Phone call from APD that package was in and LTC can be picked up.

I will say that Officer Castro who handles the licensing is very pleasant to deal with, always takes my call or calls me back within 24 hours, and made the process very easy. My wife is also applying for hers and had some issues with scheduling and the background check, and he was very accommodating for her.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time As of November 14, the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between October 24 and November 13, 2016.

*****Warning*****

Telephone Call Scam
The DCJIS has received several reports of individuals receiving telephone calls from people claiming to be representatives of the DCJIS. The number which appears in the Caller ID is one of the DCJIS' telephone numbers. These "agents" usually tell the victim that there are several outstanding warrants for his or her arrest and that, for a fee paid immediately via credit card or bank account, they will take care of these warrants.
The DCJIS will never contact you about an outstanding warrant or other legal matter unless you have contacted the DCJIS first. In addition, DCJIS telephone numbers are suppressed on outgoing calls, so they will never appear in Caller ID. If you receive a call about an arrest warrant from an individual claiming to be a DCJIS employee or agent, DO NOT provide the caller with any personal information or any bank/credit card information................ I just copied this off of their website

If this is true... definitely suspicious... has to be an inside job - i.e. to know that there is an application before the DCJIS

If this is true... definitely suspicious... has to be an inside job - i.e. to know that there is an application before the DCJIS

Not necessarily. DCJIS reports on records of all individuals, not just firearms license applicants. CORI checks for example on people seeking employment. My guess is the scammers ere emailing random persons, and hoping for a sucker.

Not necessarily. DCJIS reports on records of all individuals, not just firearms license applicants. CORI checks for example on people seeking employment. My guess is the scammers ere emailing random persons, and hoping for a sucker.

I disagree. It's a TELEPHONE scam. That means someone has to have access to your application to get your phone number. That information wouldn't be on a general report of who filed for a fire arm, CORI, etc. If it was an e-mail scam, then I would agree. DCJIS has a leak or has been hacked.

Back
Top Bottom