How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Tyngsboro.
My wife took class near the end of september, met with PD this past week.
From what it sounded like, they pictured, fingerprinted and moved the stuff forward.
No questions regarding anything on her app, basically rubber stamped it.
LTC-A
I'll see how long this takes in the States's hands now.

When I got mine, about 8 or 9 years ago, I took the class in September and had my lic before xmas

Does tbe FRB keep a record of how many times a person calls to check the status of thier LTC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

About 4 weeks in Norwood.

Dropped off my packet with all letters and info, spoke with the licensing officer for about 20 minutes, mostly bs, but he was doing his job. Came back 4 weeks later when we found a mutual day to have my "interview" he had forgotten to finger print me, so we did that and he handed me my ltc and shook hands.

Last edited:
About 4 weeks in Norwood.

Dropped off my packet with all letters and info, spoke with the licensing officer for about 20 minutes, mostly bs, but he was doing his job. Came back 4 weeks later when we found a mutual day to have my "interview" he had forgotten to finger print me, so we did that and he handed me my ltc and shook hands.

Fingerprints don't need to be sent to the FBI to scrutinize before approval???

They are sent to MSP and run against multiple databases including NCIC. On renewals they retrieve our fingerprint card and resubmit it for the same checks.

They are sent to MSP and run against multiple databases including NCIC. On renewals they retrieve our fingerprint card and resubmit it for the same checks.

Regardless, his LTC wasn't sitting there waiting for him right after his fingerprints were done if it was a first license. I think some clarification on his post is needed

Then why are people being re-printed every renewal?

I was re-printed on my 3rd renewal (ink impressions), but it was when I moved and renewed in a different town.

When I went for my most recent renewal back in March, they used an electronic scan... why? I have no ****ing idea.

I'm wondering if it has anything do with submissions to the CJIS fingerprint database in WV, or is MA in the process of building it's own similar electronic fingerprint system?

I know that the feds had spent a good number of years scanning in old paper and ink submissions (they finally caught up a few years ago).

I also wouldn't be surprised if the equipment is paid for and provided to the cities and towns by the feds under the condition

that it be used to submit all fingerprint records regardless of the purpose.

Last edited:
Regardless, his LTC wasn't sitting there waiting for him right after his fingerprints were done if it was a first license. I think some clarification on his post is needed
My ltc was waiting for me, however my prints are on file already, so with the information from my application my previous finger print card was available from a previous state and I would presume used. Either way, can't say for sure because I wasn't sitting behind the desk.

My ltc was waiting for me, however my prints are on file already, so with the information from my application my previous finger print card was available from a previous state and I would presume used. Either way, can't say for sure because I wasn't sitting behind the desk.
So who sent your prints to the MSP?

Sounds like they just wanted a new set of prints. My renewal didn't require reprinting, I was told that wasn't necessary because they were already on file. Sounds like your PD wanted new prints for themselves, not because you needed it for your renewal.

Just picked up my renewal in a new town today. They didn't take fingerprints. Issue date on the LTC was 10/18 I renewed on 9/14 I believe

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sounds like they just wanted a new set of prints. My renewal didn't require reprinting, I was told that wasn't necessary because they were already on file. Sounds like your PD wanted new prints for themselves, not because you needed it for your renewal.

Wasn't a renewal for me, first ltc ever, Arizona is constitutional carry so no permit required

Fingerprints? That's soo 19th century...
Betcha- Hillary gets elected, she'll find some way to work DNA swabbing into her BG check EO.
Then it's done. It will be like that movie "Gattaca" where they'll find some way to disqualify you based on your DNA. That is after they check every DNA database for open cases.

In case you didn't see GATTACA:
Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke) has always fantasized about traveling into outer space, but is grounded by his status as a genetically inferior "in-valid." He decides to fight his fate by purchasing the genes of Jerome Morrow (Jude Law), a laboratory-engineered "valid." He assumes Jerome's DNA identity and joins the Gattaca space program, where he falls in love with Irene (Uma Thurman). An investigation into the death of a Gattaca officer (Gore Vidal) complicates Vincent's plans.

--- In the movie they basically scan your DNA for everything you go to do and the computer tells the authorities whether or not your allowed to do something.

I would be very surprised if they got your fingerprint card from another state.

If you got yours 8 or 9 years ago, you'd better check your expiration date. [wink][smile]

Tyngsboro.
My wife took class near the end of september, met with PD this past week.
From what it sounded like, they pictured, fingerprinted and moved the stuff forward.
No questions regarding anything on her app, basically rubber stamped it.
LTC-A
I'll see how long this takes in the States's hands now.

When I got mine, about 8 or 9 years ago, I took the class in September and had my lic before xmas

Reading, MA is abysmal.

9/9/16 Renewal Application Submitted
11/1/16 Finally contacted TO SCHEDULE Appointment/Interview
1/31/17 SCHEDULED INTERVIEW, 3 months out!?!?!?!?!
??/??/17 I have no clue when this will be over.

I guess since the 2014 law change they patently don't GAF. Their website says they only do these on Tuesday, and only have 7 interview slots per week?!?! Reading COP, how is this a get-well plan on backlog????

When Are Appointments Conducted?

Appointments are generally conducted Tuesdays at 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00PM and 3:00PM and occassionaly in the evening. We are currently booking about 2 months out.

Dropped mine off 22Aug2016 at Agawam PD finger prints picture.... today 02Nov2016 still being reviewed by issuing authority (local PD Chief) My girlfriend dropped hers off in Westfield on 16Sept2016 finger prints picture, was called to go talk to Westfield chief on 20Sept2016 received hers 19Oct2016... Also hers large capacity no restriction

Back
Top Bottom