How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Update: Boston

3/15 - Application, prints, photo submitted
3/20 - Passed Moon Island Test
4/24 - Called FRB - Still at BPD
5/3 - Called FRB - Still at BPD
5/13 -
Called FRB - Still at BPD

8 Weeks so far and no progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Boston

3/15 - Application, prints, photo submitted
3/20 - Passed Moon Island Test
4/24 - Called FRB - Still at BPD
5/3 - Called FRB - Still at BPD
5/13 -
Called FRB - Still at BPD

8 Weeks so far and no progress.

Billerica
Called for interview on 3/10
Interview 4/05

Called DCJIS for status today and told my LTC- was active and mailed to BPD a week ago
I called BPD and left a voice mail for the LO
I'll update when he calls me back

Billerica
Interview 4/05

Called DCJIS for status today and told my LTC- was active and mailed to BPD a week ago

Billerica is pretty good. They do them in batches from what I could tell, two or three guys were picking up their LTC's at the same time I was there.

Billerica
Interview 4/05

Update.. I just picked up my Class A with no restrictions.. license was issued 4/25 so in total exactly 40 days from interview[smile] Time now to do a little shopping

I heard it today from the person in charge of MSP fingerprints, they are running at an 8-10 week turnaround right now just so everyone knows, also keep in mind that is just for fingerprints and take into account the PD and FRB need time on top of that to process everything

I heard it today from the person in charge of MSP fingerprints, they are running at an 8-10 week turnaround right now just so everyone knows, also keep in mind that is just for fingerprints and take into account the PD and FRB need time on top of that to process everything

I don't suppose this person indicated whether the delays are strictly related to volume/resources or if this is a concerted effort by the Patrick administration to slow down the rate of issuance of new LTCs? This was implied in a conversation with someone I know who is affiliated with MSP.

I don't suppose this person indicated whether the delays are strictly related to volume/resources or if this is a concerted effort by the Patrick administration to slow down the rate of issuance of new LTCs? This was implied in a conversation with someone I know who is affiliated with MSP.

Since January they've seen double the volume of print cards come into their office, they process fingerprint cards for things other then LTCs also

How do you explain the post prior to yours that the poster received his LTC in 6 1/2 weeks??? I'm tired of hearing excuses! [thinking]

Millbury, MA

4/11/13 - Application, Prints and Photo submitted
5/10/13 - Received Unrestricted LTC-A in the mail

Two letters of reference were required at the time I filled out my application. A week after I applied, my references were contacted by the Chief. About 3 weeks after that my LTC was in my mailbox.

Millbury, MA

Two letters of reference were required at the time I filled out my application. A week after I applied, my references were contacted by the Chief. About 3 weeks after that my LTC was in my mailbox.

Congrats! I'm from Millbury as well...got my Unrestricted LTC A 3 months ago....man i can definitely say we are VERY fortunate to live in such a green town that is so quick and easy to deal with!

Mine took a little bit longer, 7 weeks due to 1 juvenile arrest and subsequent dismissal on my record....but my wife got hers in 33 days...

Anyway, welcome to the club...get yourself a nice IWB holster and your good to go ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Millbury, MA

This ^ right here!!

We applied together 2/20 in our GREEN town of Mashpee and I received my LTC-ALP on 5/6, 75 days later. Joe's somehow got separated and was supposed to be in our LO's mail this past Monday 5/13 because it was listed on the enclosed memo but get this.....there was a 'HOLE' in the envelope from the FRB, it had to be repackaged by the Postmaster, and his is mysteriously missing. Supposedly one other is as well. We are waiting another week to see if it somehow shows up, otherwise our LO will need to declare it 'lost'. Has anyone had to do this and if so how long does it take to reissue??

Finally called FRB after 10 weeks and they said its waiting to be approved, printed, and mailed to my local PD. The lady on the phone went on to say at this point it's usually another 2-3 weeks of waiting....ugh.

Something is rotten in Denmark! I hear of "confirmations" [rolleyes] of an 8 to 10 week delay at the SP, yet people are going through the process, from prints to "in hand", in 4 to 6 weeks!?!? YOU figure it out.[thinking]

Something is rotten in Denmark! I hear of "confirmations" [rolleyes] of an 8 to 10 week delay at the SP, yet people are going through the process, from prints to "in hand", in 4 to 6 weeks!?!? YOU figure it out.[thinking]

Weeks to get an appointment that is more than six months wait in Dartmouth for the interview, just to then wait on the state. If you have a residence elsewhere or some other option, avoid Dartmouth.

New applicant for an unrestricted LTC-A.

Feb 8th- Application handed in, check cashed within a week.

Friday I called the FRB, and it's (finally!!!) been approved by the town, so it's at the state approval and printing. Once it's in my hot little hands, I'll make a final time count, but as of Friday, that's 98 days and counting.

Back
Top Bottom