How do you view people's "reps"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people talk about their "reps", and I've even added to one of the members' reps for a very helpful post, but how does everyone view the reps of other members?

I've seen people talk about their "reps", and I've even added to one of the members' reps for a very helpful post, but how does everyone view the reps of other members?

You look at the bars under their usernamees/avatars. As far as the rep comments, the only people that can see that are the recipient of the comments and the moderators. Be aware that plussing or minusing a guy may not be appear to change anything, because it takes time and lots of points to add (or subtract) those little green boxes) . FWIW when giving rep (whether its positive or negative) it's a good idea to sign your comment with your screen name.

-Mike

you can see the ones given you by clicking "User CP" on the bar at the top of the screen and scrolling down. you'll see the last 10 or so there.

you can see the ones given you by clicking "User CP" on the bar at the top of the screen and scrolling down. you'll see the last 10 or so there.

Thanks Matt. I never knew about seeing my reps with User CP . Reps to you. I just looked at mine for the first time and see there are nice comments there that I would have definately responded too. Now I know..... And you folks that have repped me thanks.

If I were you I'd just ignore rep points.
Having a lot won't do anything for you. Having none at all won't do anything for you either.

It's like getting a gold star in 1st grade...as a 30 year old.

But that's just my opinion.

Having a lot won't do anything for you. Having none at all won't do anything for you either.

Good! -1000 rep points to you then! [rofl]

Just curious... either way, a member by the name of "KD" gave me my first rep points to get me going, but there's no one by the name "KD" on the members list. Whoever you are, thanks!!

Make sure if you receive an unsigned negative rep that you start a whole new thread about it and whine as if it's the end of the world. People love doing that around here. [wink]

Make sure if you receive an unsigned negative rep that you start a whole new thread about it and whine as if it's the end of the world. People love doing that around here. [wink]

Don't forget about saying how they say they don't care about rep points as well..

Kinda like....this:

Title: I don't care about rep points..

" I don't really care who left me neg reps,but I just want to know why they didn't sign their name.Again,rep points are no big deal to me but I wish the sunnavabitch who left me neg reps at least has the common f'n courtesy to sign their f'n name so I know who left me neg reps,which I don't really care about !!!"

Last edited:
You neglected to ask if there was a thread or chart that explained the rep point counts and the names associated with said rep point count.

IE why or where does the rep point wield go from 6-7 as it didnt do as expected when the point count went from 699 to 700.

Ok there I did it for ya.

Is there a way of viewing to whom you have given rep pts?
(in the CP I'm guessin')

You neglected to ask if there was a thread or chart that explained the rep point counts and the names associated with said rep point count.

IE why or where does the rep point wield go from 6-7 as it didnt do as expected when the point count went from 699 to 700.

Ok there I did it for ya.

It's a very complex algorith, designed to reflect each poster's wisdom, insight, erudition and saintliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom