• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you handle an attack by a trained dog?

Good luck. As a 12 year old paper boy, one customer had 2 attack trained german shepards. One day his 17 old son was outside with the dogs and thought it would be "cool" to send the dogs after me. After I put the paper in their mailbox by their front door, the son said "pin" or something similar and the dog immediately came after me. I got maybe a step and a half before they closed the distance and I turned around just in time to meet one of the dog's paws on my shoulders and knock me down. I had then had two shepards barking in my face for about 20 seconds, it was terrifying. Then he called them off and they immediately released me. The dogs were awesome but the son was a douche. The Middlesex News called the guys house and spoke to the father. The father apologized to me the next day and I never saw the son again, he was always inside or not around when I delivered at the same time.

I think the only thing you can try to do is punch the nose and eyes. They have the same weakness as people but their bite strength is incredible.

I assume you mean if you have no weapon?

Hope you have something sturdy on your arm to offer to the dog to attack. Be ready for a big arm wrenching and hope you can get a well placed kick or punch in their midsection.

Or just do the call of duty neck break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse the brevity and auto-corrected wrong words.

A trained dog is not so bad, you can hold it away from you by its neck, so its bite becomes less of an issue. If you can get on top of a dog, you can crush its ribs with your knees. When you are dealing with more than one is where things sort of suck, as boilermaker's post illustrates very well.

A dogs " Achilles heel " is its sternum. If you're " kuratty " enough to hit its sternum with a knees strike the dog will be very very sorry. Like " Game over " sorry.

They are also built entirely for frontal aggression , sideways / lateral strikes to its joints will cripple it.

Either of these concepts against a dog that isn't trying to maim you means you ****ing deserve it , though.

A trained dog is not so bad, you can hold it away from you by its neck, so its bite becomes less of an issue. If you can get on top of a dog, you can crush its ribs with your knees. When you are dealing with more than one is where things sort of suck, as boilermaker's post illustrates very well.

You must be pretty strong to think you could hold a trained attack dog away from you, by its neck, and keep it from biting you. A trained GSD or Rotty would be very tough to keep off of you.

I have been told they are trained to obey commands from only certain people. And if you aren't on the list well that is too bad for you.

Probably true, still, I think I would try it while looking frantically for a pointy stick or something else handy.

You must be pretty strong to think you could hold a trained attack dog away from you, by its neck, and keep it from biting you. A trained GSD or Rotty would be very tough to keep off of you.

I wasn't thinking of keeping it from biting me. You will probably end up getting bitten. The important thing is to keep it from getting to your throat, because a bite to the throat is much worse than a bite to the arm.

If you're down south and dealing with a fighting trained dog; take off your hat and hand it to them. Most will sit.

I tangled with a dog once due to a shifty abuser/owner. Mace was useless. Knife was useless. I almost lost a finger but managed to get him latched on my motorcycle jacket.

I wish I had a striker that day. (flashlight maybe) instead of just a crappie mace and knife.

I also wish I'd never cut the dog. And I'm glad I knew the sherif who showed up. We managed to get the owner charged but the dog wasn't put down. The vet made the dog vanish into the local big dog rescue.

Sent from my LT30p

My thought is that they are going to be trying to restrain you. If this is the case wouldn't it work to lull them in and then attack them.

It would take cohones but if they pinned you and then you stabbed/shot at the neck it could work. The other option would be to "sacrifice" your weak side arm to some bites while you drew and then engaged at contact distances.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My GSD isn't even trained, and I can't handle her when we're playing around. She would obliterate anything you put in front of her.

mmmm.... ARMS

I was tackled and but over my spine by a retired k9 ran passed it getting on the school bus the owner had to kick it in the head to let go.

But most dogs if you hit then infront of there hind legs it will kill them might or might not let go right away .

i think you would have to be pretty extremely lucky to fend off a trained charging dog....its easy to armchair what we should do...but when your put in that situation you will most likely s**t your pants [laugh]

Never had the pleasure, personally, but my dad had a run-in with what was, I believe, a Fila Brasiliero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fila_Brasileiro

The dog came at him, and my dad ran his hand down the dog's throat. He said that he then, calmly and patiently, explained to the dog why what it had done was a bad idea, and that in the future, the dog should be more polite. While the dog choked and strangled.

He didn't want to kill the dog, as it belonged to a friend.

He let the dog go, and from that point on, when he visited the bad-ass dog would find the room farthest away from him.

This dog also went for a woman, who clocked it firmly over the head with a Coke bottle.

Dad was not afraid of dogs.

When I walk my snackdog Pomeranian, I have a walking stick, and a pocket knife.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom