House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Came up in my Facebook feed. It was posted by GOAL speculating that this was the reasoning behind suitability.

Hey Evans, you want to go further about what else I don't need in life. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're trying to keep all guns out of Boston?

[video=youtube_share;6rm_-GPQ6Zs]http://youtu.be/6rm_-GPQ6Zs[/video]

And there you have it , right from the horses ass / mouth.
Wouldn't you take that to mean as soon as he can, he plans on denying FID's, because HE doesn't think anyone needs them?

How many crimes have there been in Boston where a FID holder used a shotgun? None?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whike agree he's an ass.....but currently he is in no position to deny anything for anyone......hesbhead of security for Suffolk downs..........so this is only proof that there are chiefs that would abuse......not current ones that are planning on denying fid

Whenever I see Evans, I cant help but think of this guy...

Dobby_COVERBILDER_ger.jpg

Last edited:
So the chiefs want to cut to the chase and be the Judge, jury and executioner now huh. Wasn't there supposed to be a difference between convicted and dismissed or not guilty? If not then why do they ask if you have ever been "convicted" of this crime or that crime on the application? Why don't they just ask "have you ever been a bad boy and had to stand in the corner?".

The law makers know fully well why this can't happen and won't happen. They don't have enough of our money to spend on the lawyers to defend themselves in court after the flood of law suites come flowing in.

Last edited:
From FOX news article"
"Ed Davis, and several other chiefs, told FoxNews.com that the organization’s 351 chiefs are willing to work with legislators to find a compromise, but stressed that no one else in the state’s patchwork of towns and communities has a better grasp of who is fit to possess firearms."
The more I read about this damn chief of police association the more I want to vomit. So......the chiefs of police are gonna work with legislators for a comrpomise! WTF! Chiefs are not elected to represent ANYBODY! They enforce laws passed by legislators not help ****ing write and pass them! Every one of those chiefs that went to the state house should be shown the danm door! unreal

"Chiefs of Police...no one else in the state’s patchwork of towns and communities has a better grasp of who is fit to possess firearms." says former Boston Police Chief Ed Davis.

Really, Ed?

Did Ed Davis happen to mention his good buddy Tom from Waltham, whom he had several dinners with at the Chateau Restaurant in downtown (RED TOWN) Waltham?
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/15/waltham-police-chief-arrested/

or his buddy Dave from Salisbury?
http://www.lawlessamerica.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=359&Itemid=100

or his good friend Joe,whom he had beers with from time to time?
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/04/fired_lee_police_chief_joseph_1.html

or maybe his pal Matt in Newton, whom Eddie met with frequently for breakfast out at the IHOP?
http://newton.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/newton-police-chief-terminated

Well, Ed? Did you mention them?....

Hmm, OK, then what about your old friend Dave?
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-21869.html

and if you want to go beyond the borders of Massachusetts, Eddie, how about old your friend you attended the convention with? You remember Clarence, don't you?
http://www.ktul.com/story/26105309/spavinaw-police-chief-accused-of-lewd-molestation

or your pal whom you went to the Maine Lobster Fest with back about 10 years ago...you know, you old buddy Andy??
http://www.pressherald.com/2014/04/...in_alleged_sexual_assault_of_young_relative_/

In other words, go F* yourself, Ed Davis, you pompous, disingenuous, hypocritical bastard.....

Last edited:
Evans looks eerily like a grown up version of a child with progeria.

Ok... I had to Google that, and for 54-55 years old, he looks closer to 70-75...

He's a hard core Marathoner.

I don't know what it is about them, but even when they're in their 20's-30's, they look like the walking dead.

ETA... I just noticed he doesn't have his seat belt on.

Is this an LEO exemption I'm unaware of?

Last edited:
Ok... I had to Google that, and for 54-55 years old, he looks closer to 70-75...

He's a hard core Marathoner.

I don't know what it is about them, but even when they're in their 20's-30's, they look like the walking dead.

-3% body fat is not a good look for anyone. I was wondering why he was so thin. I thought he might have been a childhood subject of a radiation experiment at MIT.

Tonight's emails (thanks for the Commish quote!):

Dear Representative X or Senator Y:

I am writing to you with regard to your participation in the conference committee reviewing S.2265 and H.4285.

While most of the two bills are similar and non-controversial, I must urge you to reject the gun-control measures of the House bill, specifically the provision that gives expanded discretion to police chiefs in denying FID licenses to citizens, effectively changing the classification from "shall-issue" to "may-issue".

Massachusetts is a state that already subjects it citizens to fees, renewals, background checks, police interviews, reference checks, doctor's notes, fingerprinting, arbitrary and esoteric "safety" laws, licensing, and registration. H.4285 seeks to now give the discretion of granting all gun ownership rights to the police chiefs. This will lead to racial, gender, age, and economic profiling. This will lead to de facto gun bans in towns and cities across the commonwealth. Commissioner Evans from Boston has already said as much: "...nobody in the city needs a shotgun, nobody needs a rifle." Really? Is this the proper interpretation of the right to keep and bear arms, as declared in both the United States and Massachusetts State Constitutions?

Last week, the Massachusetts Senate broadly rejected this expanded-discretion FID for a reason. They recognized that this change to existing firearms law would go too far in denying rights. S.2265 is in essence a crime bill, but the firearms permitted with an FID license, rifles and shotguns, are virtually non-existant at crime scenes. Further, when was the last time a citizen with an FID was responsible for a gun crime? There is no correlation.

Don't be fooled by the anti-gun, "make us all safer" rhetoric this week. Please throw your support behind S.2265. The language of S.2265 makes no changes either way to existing firearms licensing. It is H.4285 that would impose "may-issue" discretion to the FID license, and put lawful gun ownership rights for the citizens of Massachusetts in peril.

Regards,

Q: "Why would anyone need a rifle or shotgun in Boston?"

A: "You are right, nobody would if you gave us a LTC-A so we can carry a handgun."

Bostons arbitrary LTC restrictions force people to get a FID so they can even have any gun at all.

Suitability standards for a FID will result in a wonderful lawsuit with the 2a winning.

When that becomes the case it would be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for the Commissioner.

In other words, a future victory for the 2a in Massachusetts.

I hope the whole FID issue blows up in their face with the law of unintended consequences.

It seems to me we are only missing the perfect candidate for denial of an LTC to get te ball rolling. Suitability can be fought without the FID going May issue. LTC went May issue in 98 before Heller and MacDonald affirmed the right to a handgun so a candidate without a tarnished record is all that is necessary to change the whole system. FID may issue is a non issue to that. Although it would suck to have in the meantime for those that wish to have that license

It seems to me we are only missing the perfect candidate for denial of an LTC to get te ball rolling. Suitability can be fought without the FID going May issue. LTC went May issue in 98 before Heller and MacDonald affirmed the right to a handgun so a candidate without a tarnished record is all that is necessary to change the whole system. FID may issue is a non issue to that. Although it would suck to have in the meantime for those that wish to have that license

16 years without a candidate, I am sure there have been some but they probably don't know about comm2a. I didn't until I got involved with this board. I wonder if the fudds will just roll over like a lap dog?

Want to twist their panties, ask Deval if COP's should be able to determine 15th Amendment suitability. LOL

I think that Devalue, Rosenturd, and any other anti should be able to explain why a NICS check and permit aren't required to exercise the right to vote like it is require to keep and bear arms!

Hell those people probably would get all bent out of shape at the mere suggestion of voter id laws!

My hunch is that the "may issue" FID card will be in the bill. It looks like that is the big hurdle to get over for the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom