HOOORRRRAAAAAY !

Thanks Derek,

As someone who has been the guy who has had to come in off the street and try to put the pieces back together on a server or two I can feel old scars hurting from the memories of wee hours and an uncontrolable caffeine shake.

Well done.

It is GREAT to be back.

-R

ITS ALIVE!

Young%20Frankenstein.jpg

I came close to registering at THR after a few days. There's at least half a dozen other NES members who did exactly that just to air their grievances that we were down! [laugh]

I spent some time over on gunboards.com in the milsurp sections. Good info over there but just not the same as NES.

Thank you Derek.

Derek, I hope you're putting the screws to your host. That's some massive incompetence on their part.

Thanks!

Whew!....now I can stop this endless shaking....and low and behold, my skin color is back :)

WELCOME BACK NES!

The site is at IP 72.46.126.127

The DNS name servers are

NS1.VEGASVIPNETWORKS.COM 72.46.126.130
NS2.VEGASVIPNETWORKS.COM 72.46.126.130
NS3.VEGASVIPNETWORKS.COM 72.46.126.130

It's generally considered bad form to use the same server for each of your redundant nameservers. It's also redundant having a tertiary nameserver when it's not on a unique IP.

The DNS server was not responding during the outage. The closeness of the IP addresses causes me to wonder if the DNS servers are actually on the same system as NES.

Once things have settled down, I would suggest that Derek use independent name servers with actual redundancy. I know Godaddy provides these for free with a domain registration, but I'm not sure if the registrar he uses (Network Soltions) does.

What happened , I was lost , all that information we get at a finger tip gone , [sad2] Very glad your back old friend, [smile][smile]

Very happy to see the forum back up :) Been a tough week without my friends here on NES.
thanks for all the effort that goes into keeping this forum active for us.

I can't apologize enough for the extended outage. I will be moving to a new host as quickly as I can secure a VPS that I feel comfortable with.

I can't apologize enough for the extended outage. I will be moving to a new host as quickly as I can secure a VPS that I feel comfortable with.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'd gladly chip in $100 if that would help with a server, backup provider, new provider etc etc. I'm sure many others would do the same.

Back
Top Bottom