• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holyoke Bust

I did a sesrch and I don't believe this is a dupe, but maybe it is???

How could something like this happen with all those state regulations and gun laws in place? Don't these gun laws scare criminals?

It’s a dupe, was never any update on the charges tho so it’s a good dupe…
I wonder if it was the switches or the FRT triggers that got him on the radar.

The conversion devices and forced reset triggers found in the home were the following:

• One PTR Industries, Inc., model PTR 9, 9x19mm caliber firearm bearing serial number 9MC010480 with one magazine and an altered HK MP5-type machinegun trigger housing installed
  • 38 “switch-type” Glock machinegun conversion devices bearing a counterfeit Glock logo
  • Three Rare Breed FRT-15 forced reset triggers designed to allow drop-in installation into AR-15 type firearms, with no serial number
  • One Tommy Triggers FRT-15-3MD forced reset trigger designed to allow drop-in installation into AR-15-type firearms, with no serial number
  • One Imperial Arms Co., model EFFEN 90, 5.7x28mm caliber firearm bearing serial number HXX37 with one magazine
  • One PTR Industries, Inc., model PTR 9, 9x19mm caliber firearm bearing serial number 9MK001951 with a collapsible shoulder stock, thread protector, electronic sight, and forward grip, and with one magazine
  • One Sig Sauer, model MPX, 9x19mm caliber firearm bearing serial number 62B058947 with an electronic sight, a forward grip, and a Maxim Defense collapsible shoulder stock, and with one magazine
  • One Intratec, model Tec-9, 9x19mm caliber firearm bearing serial number 54601, with a secondary forward grip and a synthetic sling
  • Two black firearms silencers with no markings

It’s really too bad as Holyoke does not need press like this. Like most cities there are good and bad sections, but overall the city is not as bad as it use to be.

I know the Mayor, he is a good guy. He was the former town administrator in the small town I live in. He did a good job and helped me out more than once, We were sad to see him leave.

Josh has got his hands full now and I wish him the best. Hopefully we can start hearing some good stories out of Holyoke.

It’s really too bad as Holyoke does not need press like this. Like most cities there are good and bad sections, but overall the city is not as bad as it use to be.

I know the Mayor, he is a good guy. He was the former town administrator in the small town I live in. He did a good job and helped me out more than once, We were sad to see him leave.

Josh has got his hands full now and I wish him the best. Hopefully we can start hearing some good stories out of Holyoke.

From what I know/recall: Must have been 10+ years ago now at least Holyoke got cleaned up really well with that Police chief that was super tough on crime, I forget his name off hand. The problem was that he drove all the crime out of Holyoke........and into Chicopee and Springfield.
I got lost going through Chicopee last week, ended up crossing the river and got lost in Holyoke as well, old school, no GPS in the truck, have to say I was a bit nervous. Maybe I'm just a closet racist. <shrug>

including more than 40 conversion devices and forced reset triggers that are classified as machineguns under federal law.

That's a thing now? I thought FRT was taking the ATF to court over legality and interpretation. Then again, I haven't really been following that close. They don't really interest me as much as the precedent does.

Good accurate title.

Just off on the number of machine guns by a tiny bit.

Wonder what the Ruger .22 will get him?

Sucks for him. Just hoping these are not legitimate documented machine guns that will most likely be destroyed. That would really suck.
They are all glock switches and a forced reset trigger (which the ATF didn't have to twist logic to define as a conversion device)
Nothing legitimate (well all of it under the constitution but not by almost 100 years of tyranny)

That's a thing now? I thought FRT was taking the ATF to court over legality and interpretation. Then again, I haven't really been following that close. They don't really interest me as much as the precedent does.
FRT pretty much lost that fight as far as I can tell - when using it you needed only one action (apply pressure) to make it continuously fire.
With a binary you need to separately pull and release (two actions) to fire multiple rounds
With a bump stock the actions are transferred from your trigger finger to your support arm.

With the forced reset trigger you take one action, applying pressure to the trigger, and the firearm continuously fires without a change of input from the user.

FRT pretty much lost that fight as far as I can tell - when using it you needed only one action (apply pressure) to make it continuously fire.
With a binary you need to separately pull and release (two actions) to fire multiple rounds
With a bump stock the actions are transferred from your trigger finger to your support arm.

With the forced reset trigger you take one action, applying pressure to the trigger, and the firearm continuously fires without a change of input from the user.
Yeah if you do the math it seems like 38 Glock switches, 4 forced reset triggers and the two suppressors are what he’s really being charged for (aside of the false statement, People need to learn to STFU).

They really did not do the best job with the description. Were the other mentioned weapons modified also or are they just scary black guns added for dramatic effect?

What about the other laundry list of weapons they took? They were all legally owned? Things like this really make me want to get a pacer account so you can get real details.

As far as the rare breed fight goes that is another internet shit show of foggy Information on what really happened. Did they throw them in jail or is it still being litigated? Who even knows.

Thank God those are off the streets...lol good grief. I like the FRT and the words federal law.....

From what I know/recall: Must have been 10+ years ago now at least Holyoke got cleaned up really well with that Police chief that was super tough on crime, I forget his name off hand. The problem was that he drove all the crime out of Holyoke........and into Chicopee and Springfield.
I got lost going through Chicopee last week, ended up crossing the river and got lost in Holyoke as well, old school, no GPS in the truck, have to say I was a bit nervous. Maybe I'm just a closet racist. <shrug>
Chief Scott?

FRT's use the recoil impulse to force the trigger forward, by MA law they're a bump stock. It's grey for the rest of thr states, buy not really for MA.

Dupe-Shy:

/doop shi/

adjective:

being reserved or having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people in on-line forums.
"I was pretty dupe shy at school after posting a duplicate subject post"

verb:

(especially of a horse) start suddenly aside in fright at an object, noise, or movement.
"their horses shied at the unfamiliar sight of a posted dupe"

noun:

a sudden startled movement, especially of a frightened forum poster.

I see no legitimate crime

Here is the original post

Back
Top Bottom